Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-26-2022, 09:07 PM   #1
gimmiluigi

Default Night light and f.lux not working on latest DisplayLink drivers version

I have a "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" and a ThinkPad T480 laptop (i5 8th gen version).

I noticed that Night light and f.lux do not work on the external monitor using windows 11 with the latest drivers version (Release: 10.2 M1 | Mar 16, 2022) but f.lux works if I use a previous version of the drivers (Release: 10.0 M0 | Aug 13, 2020). I haven't tried other versions.

I tried adding the EnableGammaRamp string in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\Core but that doesn't fixes the problem on the latest drivers.

To me that seems quite an odd behaviour to work on a outdated version and not on a more recent one. Is it possible to make night light or f.lux work on the latest version of the drivers?
gimmiluigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:34 PM   #2
5357ziv

I have the same exact issue. Use to thought it's related to Snagit but it's only when I'm using the docking station that's running DisplayLink.

I updated everything and this issue still occurs... arg...
5357ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:49 PM   #3
gimmiluigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5357ziv View Post
I have the same exact issue. Use to thought it's related to Snagit but it's only when I'm using the docking station that's running DisplayLink.

I updated everything and this issue still occurs... arg...
I suggest you to use a more outdated version until they fix this problem. You can dowload it under "Legacy drivers". The version "Release: 10.0 M0 | Aug 13, 2020" works for me, let me know if it fixes the problem for you
Old 03-29-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmiluigi View Post
I have a "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" and a ThinkPad T480 laptop (i5 8th gen version).

I noticed that Night light and f.lux do not work on the external monitor using windows 11 with the latest drivers version (Release: 10.2 M1 | Mar 16, 2022) but f.lux works if I use a previous version of the drivers (Release: 10.0 M0 | Aug 13, 2020). I haven't tried other versions.
I myself have not been able to replicate the problem you describe within Windows 11 while using the latest version of f.lux --> https://justgetflux.com/ in conjunction with my own DisplayLink-based docking station.

f.lux version 4.120 is able to change the color of both dock-attached displays.

If I download and install the DisplayLink Manager Application from the Microsoft Store --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/di...r/9n09f8v8fs02

And enable the beta option for Night Light support within the 'Settings' section of the DisplayLink Manager application I am able to use the Windows Night Light feature to change the color of both dock-attached displays.

Can you please confirm that this is the docking station model you are using? --> https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/sol...-service-parts

Presuming for the moment that is in fact the dock model you are using, your model dock has both DisplayPort and HDMI video outputs.

To which video outputs within the dock are your two displays currently connected?

If you switch from one video connection type to the other (for example, from HDMI to DisplayPort) does the behavior change?
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:41 PM   #5
gimmiluigi

Hi rboerner,

Thank you for your post. Yes, that is the dock I'm using.

And yes, I'm using windows 11 with the latest version of f.lux (4.120).

I'm using HDMI, I don't have a DP cable so I cannot test the DisplayPort.

I tried switching on the Night Light beta support toggle in DisplayLink Manager but my pc became significantly slower after that. I tried updating the DisplayLink drivers to the latest version (10.2 M1 | Mar 16, 2022) but that didn't help, it only made it worse, it capped the CPU speed to 0.4GHz when connected to the dock.

I uninstalled the latest version of the drivers, reinstalled the previous version I was using, and disabled Night Light support but my thinkpad was still noticeably slower than before. So I uninstalled the drivers and DisplayLink Manager and now it's working alright. Windows Night Light doesn't work but f.lux does. From Windows Device Manager I can see that the driver's date is 11/08/2021 and the version is 10.1.2875.0. I'm using the latest version of Intel graphic drivers (30.0.101.1631) if that matters.

I am done testing, I spent more than one hour trying to figure out why it became so slow instantly after updating the drivers. I'll keep it like that and hope it will never break in the future.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:18 PM   #6
joecestra

Default Night Light working one one of two monitors

We are having a similar issue with T14 and Hybrid dock. Night light will work on only 1 of 2 attached external monitors after setting EnableGammaRamp.

UPDATE This is working when both monitor are connected via DisplayPort. HDMI doesn't seem to work but that's fine.

Last edited by joecestra; 07-14-2022 at 07:23 PM.
joecestra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f.lux, monitor, night light