Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
nigwil

Default Windows being re-arranged on resume

On Windows 7 SP1 fully patched with latest DisplayLink drivers (from this website) I am still getting a problem with windows not staying in their respective screens when resuming from sleep or canceling the screensaver. That is I position various windows on different screens, but on canceling the screensaver or resuming from sleep the windows bounce around, seemingly as different screens are re-detected(?).

This is on a Lenovo X200T (Tablet) which has the Intel GMA4500MHD chipset. The configuration is two Lenovo DVI-USBs with the primary screen extended from the laptop screen for a total of 4 screens active (one is rotated in portrait).

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
nigwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
nigwil

Default Windows being re-arranged on resume - Fixed

I updated to the Lenovo provide Intel GMA4500MHD driver, and now it appears more or less stable in that on returning from screensaver or power-save the windows remain on their original screens.

When installing this Intel update there was a conflict between the default Windows 7 multi-screen control panel item and the Intel multi-screen manager, and it took several attempts to convince both to work together.

I note that a stock install using Microsoft sourced-drivers for this combination of hardware has this bug and also during the Micrososft update process there was another fault whereby the primary laptop screen was being switched on and off rapidly (and appeared to be stuck in an endless loop - I eventually forced a power down to exit this state), which could lead to a hardware fault due to over-stressing the LCD backlight.
nigwil is offline   Reply With Quote