Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
mattybrown1985

Default Anyone else using the StarTech IPUSB2HD2?

I've just bought three of StarTech's IPUSB2HD2 devices, which use the DL-165 chipset.

I'm the kind of IT guy that likes to get the latest drivers and software, to avoid buggy software that's already been fixed - so I almost always put the driver discs that come with a new product to one side and search the Internet for the latest software. Therefor, the drivers and software I'm using may not be the recommended ones, which could well be the cause of my issues.

I'm finding that if the computer's displays are turned off due to power saving, the USB Server software is unable to reconnect to the IPUSB2HD2 devices, until they are rebooted via their web interfaces. The USB Server software complains that they are "behind an USB hub".

Does anyone else use these devices? Do you find them reliable? Which drivers/firmware/software are you using with them?

Thanks in advance,
Matty Brown.

Last edited by mattybrown1985; 03-14-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added more info.
mattybrown1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
mattybrown1985

Angry Warning! Please try again later!

Using the following combination of software and drivers...

DisplayLink Core Software 7.6.56275.0
DisplayLink Graphics 7.6.56758.0
USB Server 0.10.0917.0049
Firmware V. 2.068.000
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver 2.1.39.0

... after leaving 3 displays connected overnight and coming back to them, I'm seeing a "Warning! Please try again later." message on the primary display and the 3 remote displays are disconnected and won't reconnect. To get the laptop to reconnect, I was having to restart the DisplayLink adapters via their web interfaces. Unfortunately, right now, they tell me they're restarting, but they don't restart. I'll need physical access to continue testing.

In power options, the laptop is set never to turn itself off and the screensaver is disabled. I can't think why it works perfectly for a while, then crashes and burns. So frustrating!!

Last edited by mattybrown1985; 03-15-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Corrections.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
mattybrown1985

Unhappy Still having problems...

I've tried a Windows 7 Pro laptop and a Windows 8.1 Pro desktop PC and I'm having the same problems with both. The displays stay connected for 1-3 hours, working perfectly well - then all 3 simultaneously disconnect and won't reconnect unless the devices are restarted.

Tomorrow I'm going to try moving the laptop to another switch, as both of these computers are on a different switch to the IPUSB2HD2 devices... perhaps the uplink to that switch is losing packets? Who knows - starting to clutch at straws a bit here.

I spoke to StarTech support today and they advised me to try a different IP address and also try a completely different LAN and/or subnet. Worth a try, I guess.

DisplayLink support files attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JOHN-LAPTOP_20150316_143841.zip (1.11 MB, 1 views)
File Type: zip JASON_20150316_161243.zip (852.8 KB, 0 views)

Tags
drivers, firmware, ipusb2hd2, startech