Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-10-2021, 09:18 PM   #11
J Keller

I'm experiencing the same issue, except I have a Targus Displaylink Dock190USZ. Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1. 2020 M1 Macbook Pro.
J Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:58 PM   #12
geguze

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Dear users,

Thank you for your feedback here on the forum.

We are aware of this problem and are working on it. We were able to reproduce the issue in our office and our engineers are analyzing this problem.

Right now we have noticed that unplugging Ethernet cable from the docking station helps with sleep problems. We are not yet sure if that will be a final workaround in all cases but we are still testing and investigating this issue.

If you are able, please unplug your ETH cable from the docking station and verify.

Thank you for any further feedback you may share.

Kind regards,
Jakub
Glad to hear that you guys are working on a solution. My problem is affecting only the external displays. When i try to wake up the computer, i am not able to get it recognize the external monitors. I can get it to work if i unplug the Mac from the docking station. Once replugged no issues till next time the computer switches off the displays. The computer is able to access external disk drives when woken up before i disconnect/reconnect. Removing the ethernet did not help (likely not surprisingly) with the displays. I am on Monterey 12.0.1 on a M1 Mackbook pro with Dell D6000
geguze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #13
shiftux

i can confirm that after removing the ethernet cable my 2019 macbook pro (Monterey) was again behaving as it should with the D6000.
Before i had external disks disconnect randomly during work and every time the screen went dark the external screens would not reconnect. same thing for the audio, it just randomly worked or did not over the dock.

please fix the ethernet issue though
thanks and best
s.

display link manager version 1.5.0

Last edited by shiftux; 11-23-2021 at 02:43 PM.
shiftux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:27 PM   #14
jeremyk

Default Dell monitor and usb-c issues

My Dell U3415W does not wake properly either. I need to disconnect and reconnect the USB-C cable from my Mac going to the D6000 dock. Sometimes this does not even wake the monitor and I need to move the USB-C cable to another port. No audio through the D6000 dock either. Finally, my webcam (usb-c connected logi streamcam) also no longer works with the D6000 dock since I upgraded to Monterey.
jeremyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #15
geguze

Quote:
Originally Posted by geguze View Post
Glad to hear that you guys are working on a solution. My problem is affecting only the external displays. When i try to wake up the computer, i am not able to get it recognize the external monitors. I can get it to work if i unplug the Mac from the docking station. Once replugged no issues till next time the computer switches off the displays. The computer is able to access external disk drives when woken up before i disconnect/reconnect. Removing the ethernet did not help (likely not surprisingly) with the displays. I am on Monterey 12.0.1 on a M1 Mackbook pro with Dell D6000
I noticed that I was on DisplayLink version 1.4. With version 1.5 I can replicate the same problem as mentioned in previous posts: with no Ethernet cable i get the docking station and Mac behave correctly.
geguze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:13 AM   #16
shiftux

i'm noticing an additional issue, even with the ethernet cable removed.
the selected sound source is not respected. eg when plugging the dock back in and selecting it as sound source, i have to restart applications which produce audio output (browser/spotify, etc) in order for my sound to be played over the dock.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #17
lapk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftux View Post
i'm noticing an additional issue, even with the ethernet cable removed.
the selected sound source is not respected. eg when plugging the dock back in and selecting it as sound source, i have to restart applications which produce audio output (browser/spotify, etc) in order for my sound to be played over the dock.
Can you elaborate please im trying to reproduce this

So basically you select "Dell USB Audio " and then you restart your browser?

## it does not work for me I think

Edit: It does work

Last edited by lapk; 11-24-2021 at 03:11 PM.
lapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #18
shiftux

to reproduce
1) play sound over dock
2) unplug the dock
3) take your mac for a walk, play sound, do whatever
4) replug the dock
5) sound source switches back to the dock (automatically)
6) play sound -> NO SOUND
7) restart application that plays sound (eg spotify, browser, teams, mail, etc)
8) back to normal

at step 6 you can switch output to mac speakers and the sound is playing, switch back to the dock => still no sound
Old 11-29-2021, 07:20 PM   #19
pirana6

Default Same

Also having the exact same sound issues. I hadn't tried closing/reopening the app, I had just completely reverted to rebooting. Glad to know there's an easier workaround!
pirana6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:26 PM   #20
drclementine

Default Skip Ethernet

So I have never used the ethernet port on my docking station and was having these same issues listed here (display is an ASUS). I unplugged power to the docking station and everything came back; monitor detection, sound, external HDD.

Hope this helps.
drclementine is offline   Reply With Quote