Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
goofy79

Default centOS 7 support please

Hello,

i tried to install the DisplayLink Driver on my centOS 7 laptop, but without any success

If i start the ./displaylink-driver-5.1.26.run i get the following error
Code:
Verifying archive integrity...  100%   All good.
Uncompressing DisplayLink Linux Driver 5.1.26  100%  
DisplayLink Linux Software 5.1.26 install script called: install
Distribution discovered: "CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) "
Installing
Configuring EVDI DKMS module
Registering EVDI kernel module with DKMS
Building EVDI kernel module with DKMS
ERROR (code 3): Failed to build evdi/5.1.26. Consult /var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/make.log for details..
in the log file i can find ...
Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64'
make \
 \
-f /usr/src/kernels/5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64/Makefile modules
/usr/src/kernels/5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64/Makefile:205: ================= WARNING ================
/usr/src/kernels/5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64/Makefile:206: 'SUBDIRS' will be removed after Linux 5.3
/usr/src/kernels/5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64/Makefile:207: Please use 'M=' or 'KBUILD_EXTMOD' instead
/usr/src/kernels/5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64/Makefile:208: ==========================================
test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (		\
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";		\
echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";	\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
Code:
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_drv.c:45:2: Warnung: Initialisierung von inkompatiblem Zeigertyp [standardmäßig aktiviert]
  .fault = evdi_gem_fault,
  ^
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_drv.c:45:2: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »evdi_gem_vm_ops.fault«) [standardmäßig aktiviert]
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_connector.c:124:16: Fehler: »drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes« ist hier nicht deklariert (nicht in einer Funktion)
  .fill_modes = drm_helper_probe_single_connector_modes,
                ^
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_painter.c: In Funktion »evdi_painter_connect«:
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_painter.c:675:2: Fehler: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »drm_helper_hpd_irq_event« [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  drm_helper_hpd_irq_event(evdi->ddev);
  ^
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_main.c: In Funktion »evdi_driver_setup«:
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_main.c:54:2: Fehler: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »drm_kms_helper_poll_init« [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  drm_kms_helper_poll_init(dev);
  ^
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_main.c: In Funktion »evdi_driver_unload«:
/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_main.c:95:2: Fehler: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »drm_kms_helper_poll_fini« [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  drm_kms_helper_poll_fini(dev);
  ^
make[3]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_connector.o] Fehler 1
make[3]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
cc1: Einige Warnungen werden als Fehler behandelt
make[3]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_main.o] Fehler 1
cc1: Einige Warnungen werden als Fehler behandelt
make[3]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_painter.o] Fehler 1
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module --retpoline /var/lib/dkms/evdi/5.1.26/build/evdi_encoder.o
my env is a 5.1.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 kernel

BR
goofy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
mlukaszek

The 5.1 kernel is not yet supported by the most recent DisplayLink driver release, but it is already supported in the devel branch of evdi (https://github.com/DisplayLink/evdi) which we will be using in future Linux driver release.

You can compile evdi from github manually and use it with the 5.1 DisplayLink driver, although you would need to extract installer components and modify the installer script to cope with it (i.e. so it doesn't attempt to build the bundled evdi tarball).

Cheers,
Michal
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 12:24 AM   #3
KellyAndrews

Hey there. Though it's been long since you posted here, I'd like to know if you've fixed that problem. I've faced a similar issue, so I'd like to know if you can help me.
KellyAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 07:56 AM   #4
ZekeMX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAndrews View Post
Hey there. Though it's been long since you posted here, I'd like to know if you've fixed that problem. I've faced a similar issue, so I'd like to know if you can help me.
Take a look at this link.

https://github.com/displaylink-rpm/d...pm/tree/master

I've tested it and unpack the official ubuntu package and creates installable rpm packages that works great on fedora, Unfortunately they don´t work with my mandriva fork since it creates packages with Fedora SystemD scriplets not compatible with my distro.
ZekeMX is offline   Reply With Quote