Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
Fb43

Default Unable to install latest Windows driver ver 7.5 M1

Downloaded "DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows" ver 7.5M1.During the installation, received an error message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable (see attached)".
Before that I had ver 7.4.5. Now, the diplaylink is not working, and i am not even able to remove the previous version using the Control Panel.

Oh, and btw, the link to the latest doc, at http://displaylinkmanuals.s3.amazona...rManual7.1.pdf, returns this:

<Error><Code>NoSuchBucket</Code><Message>The specified bucket does not exist</Message><BucketName>displaylinkmanuals</BucketName><RequestId>088C9A9C51427E66</RequestId><HostId>CYZTQqDjhIEfWptZFvAjgYuP8FzWzkZw QXKyw0hs9Rxo+cdT+CIt/W5XfBGEvY0Z</HostId></Error>

Do you guys do QA? Or test your links?
Attached Images
File Type: png DidplsyLinkError.PNG (16.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Fb43; 03-22-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Fb43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
luiset83

Use the DisplayLink install cleaner here and see if that works: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fb43 View Post
Downloaded "DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows" ver 7.5M1.During the installation, received an error message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable (see attached)".
Before that I had ver 7.4.5. Now, the diplaylink is not working, and i am not even able to remove the previous version using the Control Panel.

Oh, and btw, the link to the latest doc, at http://displaylinkmanuals.s3.amazona...rManual7.1.pdf, returns this:

<Error><Code>NoSuchBucket</Code><Message>The specified bucket does not exist</Message><BucketName>displaylinkmanuals</BucketName><RequestId>088C9A9C51427E66</RequestId><HostId>CYZTQqDjhIEfWptZFvAjgYuP8FzWzkZw QXKyw0hs9Rxo+cdT+CIt/W5XfBGEvY0Z</HostId></Error>

Do you guys do QA? Or test your links?
Hi,

If you still have this issue can you attach the output from this tool?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Apologies about the broken links - this has now been fixed.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
gewell

Default I'm having install troubles with 7.5 M1 as well

I had 7.4 installed fine but upon trying to upgrade the latest version, I am consistently told that "DisplayLink has detected USB graphics software installed from a different vendor. The software is not compatible...". I have tried to uninstall everything suggested and then some. I can't even revert back to the old version so my monitor is completely unavailable now. What is the installer seeing that I need to remove now? (especially since 7.4 was working fine). Attached is my Support output using the DisplayLink Support tool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GARY-PC_20140326_082820.zip (629.0 KB, 2 views)
gewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
Wim

If you run the stand alone compatibility check from here, you should find the same problem, but it will create a log file in the same folder as the executable. If you can share the log file, it will tell us exactly which check is failing:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=365

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
gewell

Default Compatibility Check Log File

Attached is the compatibility check log file (Compressed in the zip). Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DlCompatCheck.zip (13.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Wim

There is a service called mctkmd still installed that is causing the check to fail.
Follow the steps here to check MCT software is uninstalled:

http://displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=359

If it is removed from the program files, you still have the mctkmd service hanging around. I think you can uninstall it with:

And type: "sc delete mctkmd"

Hopefully that should fix it.

Wim
Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
gewell

I never did see the MCT install package so I wasn't able to uninstall that directly (this was the first thing I tried yesterday). Your pointer to delete the service seemed to remove it but it looks like there is still something preventing the DisplayLink install as I still get the same error message. Attached is my new compatibility log... could you tell me what else is holding things up? Alternately, if you tell me everything it looks for, I can do a clean sweep of any straggling services, reg settings, files, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DlCompatCheck.zip (13.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
Wim

Its now finding a service called mctkmdldr.

Have you installed other USB graphics software on this PC before? It looks like left over MCT software, but I don't see anything in your programs list.

It would be nice to uninstall this properly rather than manually removing services...

Wim
Old 03-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
gewell

I did have a previous USB->HDMI device and likely had this software. I thought I uninstalled it back then and I'm not sure why so many things lingered.

Anyways, after deleting the final service you suggested, I'm good now. Thanks for you help.