Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
WinNetAdmin

Default White box upper left corner of desktop after power save

Dell SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Docking Station
Samsung NP900X4D-A03CA notebook with Intel HD 4000 graphics
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

I'm using the latest graphics driver from Intel and the latest Display Link driver. All Windows updates are installed.

Problem happens after the display turns off for power saving. When the display comes back on there is a white box at the top left of the desktop (not the tile screen). The box is not clickable and nothing makes it go away except a restart. The box shows up on both the notebook display and the external monitor and it shows up even if the dock is not connected. If I use msconfig to disable the Display Link Manager the problem does not happen, but then it will not display to external monitor so that doesn't help me. I have tried disabling other startup services and apps but found nothing that made the problem go away.

It seems that Display Link does not play well with Intel HD 4000. Is there a solution?
WinNetAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNetAdmin View Post
Dell SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Docking Station
Samsung NP900X4D-A03CA notebook with Intel HD 4000 graphics
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

I'm using the latest graphics driver from Intel and the latest Display Link driver. All Windows updates are installed.

Problem happens after the display turns off for power saving. When the display comes back on there is a white box at the top left of the desktop (not the tile screen). The box is not clickable and nothing makes it go away except a restart. The box shows up on both the notebook display and the external monitor and it shows up even if the dock is not connected. If I use msconfig to disable the Display Link Manager the problem does not happen, but then it will not display to external monitor so that doesn't help me. I have tried disabling other startup services and apps but found nothing that made the problem go away.

It seems that Display Link does not play well with Intel HD 4000. Is there a solution?
This looks like the same problem that is covered in this thread, so merged.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #13
afail

Hi,

I see a fix exists for MSI users, but no such app for us Samsung folks. Any ideas on what we could try?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
WinNetAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
This looks like the same problem that is covered in this thread, so merged.

Wim
It's not the same problem.

I have used msconfig and the startup items to remove every service and app from startup except displayport and I still get the white square when resuming from sleep. I think there needs to be a driver update from display port to fix this.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
ChouPigu

Quote:
Originally Posted by afail View Post
Hi,

I see a fix exists for MSI users, but no such app for us Samsung folks. Any ideas on what we could try?
I would like to second a solution for Samsungs. This happens on my wife's NP900X3C.
ChouPigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
afail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChouPigu View Post
I would like to second a solution for Samsungs. This happens on my wife's NP900X3C.
Same model I have
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #17
Dan Santee

I had the same problem on my Ativ Smart PC Pro and it turned out to be the S Pen software. It drove me nuts because I never could find a way to uninstall it, and it didn't show up in msconfig at all. I don't know if they hid it in with another service, but I finally gave up trying to fix it and just ended task on S Pen whenever it came up.

You might just try end tasking non-MS programs when the box comes up and see what closes it. You could also try highlighting Explorer in the task manager and clicking "Restart" - which actually works much better than I'd expected it to, based on previous versions of Windows.
Dan Santee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChouPigu View Post
I think you will have to contact Samsung about this. There is nothing DisplayLink can do to fix this.

I guess you could kill the app that is causing it and prevent it running at startup?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
WinNetAdmin

Well I have good news, managed to solve it with the help of a colleague. It took two of us several hours of frustration to get this fixed. We traced it to the Samsung update application, "S Agent". Previously this app was taken out with msconfig but that did not fix the problem. It must be completely removed from the computer by running the uninstaller for it.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #20
Sabbasolo

Default Samsung white box

Hi,

I have a Samsung NP900X4C-A07US, same problem.

What is the exact name of the samsung application to uninstall? Or the file name. I can find software updates, and several others, nothing with the name S agent.

thanks
Edwin
Sabbasolo is offline   Reply With Quote