Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
RW20087

Now the issue is much worse with Windows 7 x64 SP1 and IE9. I'll never purchase another Displaylink product again.
RW20087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
GCATNM

Any news on this issue ? After all it has now been broken for quite a while already, but the 6.0 drivers do not appear to fix it.
GCATNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
Saturn2888

Actually, they fixed it for me temporarily. I was playing Portal 2 in 5 monitors (2 of them DisplayLink), but after restarting, it stopped working again. I dunno what the issue is.

Question to you, do you use LogMeIn? I have a feeling the DMPS thing it installs on your monitors, if you use screen blanking, is part of the reason.
Saturn2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
GCATNM

Nope, I don't. I wouldn't even know what LogMeIn or DMPS are.
GCATNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
Saturn2888

Ok, then it's related to something else.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #16
IPR

Default Firefox V8 stopped working on DL monitor

Hi

Recently updated Windows 7 64 Bit with various windows updates. Now Firefox V8 does not work on the Display Link screen (it worked fine before). I tried disabling and re enabling, no change. Other programs seem to work the same as before. Firefox when moved to that screen stops responding to inputs, works fine on my HDMI screen and main laptop screen.

I do not want to use the suggested workaround -- clearly I dont want to disable hardware acceleration or change to the windows aero themes which waste resources. So I have not tried that.

Sadly however I use Firefox a fair bit for its Zotero integration and like to use it on the DL screen.

Surely by now Display Link would have come up with a fix for this since I see it has been an issue for over a year? I do have the most up to date drivers from the DL site. I do not see workarounds or blaming microsoft as being a productive way of dealing with the situation.

Could you please fix this or let me know a practical workaround that does not involve reducing system performance?

Thank you
IPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #17
IPR

Default Hardware Acceleration

On further investigation I guess you mean disable HW acceleration in Firefox itself, sorry about that.

I tried that (options-advanced-general-browsing-uncheck "use hw acceleration when available") and now it works OK.

However, my original comment still stands--surely this should be fixed, I assume this is the same issue as others are having with Open GL which presumably should also be fixed.

As a side issue I am wondering if this is part of the problem I have been having with my CAD program, Bricscad, which has been having issues since I installed the DL screen. I will try some things and post separately about that.
IPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
Saturn2888

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPR View Post
On further investigation I guess you mean disable HW acceleration in Firefox itself, sorry about that.

I tried that (options-advanced-general-browsing-uncheck "use hw acceleration when available") and now it works OK.

However, my original comment still stands--surely this should be fixed, I assume this is the same issue as others are having with Open GL which presumably should also be fixed.

As a side issue I am wondering if this is part of the problem I have been having with my CAD program, Bricscad, which has been having issues since I installed the DL screen. I will try some things and post separately about that.
I've had some interesting issues myself. It seems, with a new build, even with a prior build, the 3D stuff works, but fullscreen video does not. It's also very slow.

Some 3D application have very slow framerates when run in a window on the non-DisplayLink displays, but no problems in fullscreen on those.

Removing the monitors and plugging them back in or reinstalling the drivers after they've been installed once will break this functionality which is what you want.

Sure, it sucks that Thunderbird and Firefox and many other applications won't work, but that fixes the slowdown.

:: NOTE ::

When this used to work, I was actually able to smoothly play games in these monitors, Watch videos in fullscreen, etc.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Wim

For those people that were having problems with Basic mode rendering, please try the Alpha release on the forum here:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Saturn2888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
For those people that were having problems with Basic mode rendering, please try the Alpha release on the forum here:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Wim
I did try it and as I read somewhere, it was going to be very buggy. Well I can say I didn't feel it was buggy, but man was it slow.

Even normal operations that don't require a graphics hook and moving the mouse around were slow. I think it was either forcing the USB1.1 speeds or that something it was using for processing was doing so.