Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-29-2022, 12:39 PM   #1
Regggieee

Default Displaylink manager doesn't start automatically with macOS Ventura

When booting or coming back from screen saver mode and even if Automatic startup box is checked, Displaylink manager is turned off. I have to open it manually every time.

I'm using DisplayLink manager version 1.2.0 (build 55.125) on macOS Ventura 13.0

Last edited by Regggieee; 11-01-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Regggieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 04:07 AM   #2
mimi1911

Same here.
I always have to reboot my Mac after screensaver mode or sleep mode, because DL does not respond.

macOS Ventura 13,0 with DisplayLink 1.8.0 (Build 63.163)
mimi1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:06 AM   #3
vheung

I am having this same exact issue.
vheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 02:33 PM   #4
giovanknee

Default Ventura

same issues ever since I installed Ventura on M1 MB Pro. reinstalled software driver and that helped for a while.... I guess drivers need to be patched.
giovanknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
wykydtronik

Ventura 13.0
DisplayLink 1.7.0 (build 60.120)

I'm having the issue where in the morning after waking my Macbook Pro M1 from sleep, my display using DisplayLink doesn't turn on. I've observed sometimes DisplayLink Manager doesn't launch on cold boot, but I have added it to "Login Items" both "DisplayLink Corp" and "DisplayLink Manager" are allowed.

But going back to resuming from a sleep, the DisplayLink Manager is still running in the top menu bar. It seems I have to troubleshoot the monitor if its not recognized. Sometimes I have to restart DisplayLink Manager, sometimes DisplayLink Manager randomly closes (not closed by choice, it must be crashing)

Editing my post:

3 hours after I made this post, it looks like the monitor experience issues went blank again. Troubleshooting this issue, I realized I forgot to mention I'm using a StarTech USB 3.0 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter 4k 60hz Adapter. When I started troubleshooting the issue, I observed DisplayLink Manager couldn't recognize a display. I restarted the app a few times with no luck. I unplugged the adapter and reseated it with no luck. I unplugged the adapter and connected the DisplayPort cable directly into a DisplayPort port on my CalDigit thunderbolt port and the display worked. I then took the USB3 to DisplayPort adapter and plugged it into my Windows 10 PC, after a few moments, the drivers installed and initialized, and the display worked.

Once I took the USB3 Adapter out of my PC and plugged it back into my CalDigit Dock, the DisplayLink Manager software still wasn't able to recognize the display. I then started to believe the CalDigit Thunderbolt Dock was faulty? Once I opened up a new Safari tab to search for common CalDigit issues, I realized my internet wasn't functioning. Cable modem was fine, ethernet port was blinking on the Router and CalDigit Dock... I unplugged the thunderbolt cable from Mac to Dock and reseated it and boom all displays immediately displayed output.

Still not sure what's going on, perhaps the cable is going bad? USB-C port going bad? CalDigit going bad? If this issue continues, I'll update this thread.

Last edited by wykydtronik; 11-07-2022 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Additional observations
wykydtronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #6
Regggieee

Default Install new DL manager and it works now

I installed the latest version of DL manager and everything is fine now. I suggest for those that are already at this version to reinstall DL over Ventura.
Regggieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:09 PM   #7
WMR

Default DL manager update did not solve problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regggieee View Post
I installed the latest version of DL manager and everything is fine now. I suggest for those that are already at this version to reinstall DL over Ventura.
I installed the latest version of the DL manager and it did not solve the problem. Now sometimes it recognizes one monitor, sometimes no monitors and occasionally after a complete reboot it recognizes both monitors but if the M1 macbook sleeps it never recognizes the monitors after waking... very frustrating.

M1 macbook pro with Caldigit Thunderbolt 3 plus, startech displaylink 4K plug and display adapter and two dell monitors. All worked well until Ventura upgrade.

I got a message back from DisplayLink Tech Support this morning. They are aware of the issue with DisplayLink not working properly with Ventura. Here is the message:

"Hello,
We are already working on a solution to this issue. I will wait for information about the app and will get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Daniel S
DisplayLink Technical Support"

Last edited by WMR; 11-15-2022 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Feedback from DisplayLink Technical Support 11/15/22
WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 02:16 AM   #8
vcctm

I am with the following error, the DL doesn't recognize my monitors.

Using Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1,
and DL in 18.0 version.

Anyone facing the same ?
vcctm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:21 AM   #9
Liviu Vasile

I have the same issue. I have tried to plug, unplug the 3rd monitor (Dell 14 Portable Monitor - C1422H), but it doesn't work.

I have a Macbook Air M1 with Ventura 13.0
Liviu Vasile is offline   Reply With Quote