Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Rich

Default Aero bug

Have been having some major headaches trying to find what causes USB connection to drop, the exclamation sound is followed by my 3 screens going black for a couple of seconds and then whatever was on the 7" display being dumped to desktop.

After searching here I tried enabling aero and it seems to work, no drops yet. I was wondering if there will ever be a fix for this? I know of quite a number of other people who have the same issue.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Please run through this guide:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

If the issue persists please attach the debug logs:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Rich

Hi James, I have checked those things, not using USB3.0 for my displays. I read that the aero issue relates to directX, do you consider the issue resolved? Will try and do the log thing.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Yes please attach the logs.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Rich

How strange, I do a lot of iRacing which often involves triple screen setups and it seems many others have these random USB drops. I've not had one since enabling aero but it is a bit of resource hog and I would prefer to disable it.

I ran windows update yesterday, not updated since early this year. I noticed an optional displaylink driver update and so selected. I checked the versions before and after, am using the latest version, it didn't change the version, not sure what it did.
Attached Files
File Type: zip W7_20130801_005614.zip (459.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
JamesH

Hi,

Sorry, AMD CrossFire is not supported:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=230

Thanks,
James
Old 08-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
Rich

Agh, I read that it will either work or not work though in crossfire, and how does crossfire relate to windows themes? Some of the iRacing members have single card configurations too, in fact most of them do as crossfire is not supported by iRacing either. I very much doubt this is a crossfire issue.

I will disable crossfire and see if I still get the drops with aero disabled, almost guaranteed it will still happen though.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
Rich

Can confirm that it happens with crossfire disabled. I left it running a couple of times and both times I came back the application had been dumped to desktop, also it dropped one time while I was on the PC. This is with crossfire disabled and aero disabled, and some of the iRacing members have confirmed that it works if aero is enabled, none of them have crossfire.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
JamesH

Hi,

Is this CrossFire disabled with two AMD graphics present?

Thanks,
James
Old 08-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Is this CrossFire disabled with two AMD graphics present?

Thanks,
James
Why didn't you say I should take the second card out if I wanted to test if crossfire was the cause? If you knew for sure you would have said take take the second card out, I didn't take the second card out, seems you're making things up as you go along. Am sorry James but the aero issues is not fixed on my PC and as I have said already, enabling aero fixes the problem for some iRacing members too, all of which do not have crossfire.

It's not that big of a deal for me as I have found the cause of the problem, but it could cause some to return their products when they are working fine as aero is something many disable and the connection between aero and USB drops is not obvious at all. I very nearly sent my 7" display back but spent some time searching the forum and then tested aero. It's not crossfire related, the aero issue is not resolved.