Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-16-2022, 06:38 AM   #1
VinEnzo

Default Clamshell - M1 MacBook Pro

I've never been able to get clamshell mode to work. I'm running MacOS Ventura 13.1 - DisplayLink 1.8.0 (63.163) - Kensington USB-C USB 3.0 Docking Station - SD4700P.

I need help on this issue - anyone know how to get it to work?

Update: if I plug the USB-C into the MacBook when it's already closed, it works. If I open the MacBook and then plug it in, I get duel monitors, but if I close the MacBook, the external monitor just goes to sleep. So I can't be working with duel monitors, then decide to just close the MacBook - why is this?

Last edited by VinEnzo; 12-16-2022 at 05:18 PM.
VinEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:33 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinEnzo View Post
I've never been able to get clamshell mode to work. I'm running MacOS Ventura 13.1 - DisplayLink 1.8.0 (63.163) - Kensington USB-C USB 3.0 Docking Station - SD4700P.

I need help on this issue - anyone know how to get it to work?

Update: if I plug the USB-C into the MacBook when it's already closed, it works. If I open the MacBook and then plug it in, I get duel monitors, but if I close the MacBook, the external monitor just goes to sleep. So I can't be working with duel monitors, then decide to just close the MacBook - why is this?
Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 01:56 PM   #3
VinEnzo

I added an update at the bottom of the post - here it is.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:47 PM   #4
VinEnzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinEnzo View Post
I added an update at the bottom of the post - here it is.

...and again, this method now isn't working on version - 1.8.0 (Build 63.163) - I don't know how to consistently use clamshell mode - help required.

Tags
clamshell, kensington sd4700p, m1 macbook, macbook pro, ventura