Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
bradc

Default Can anyone recommend a dock that DOES work?

I am done with this POS. It causes daily frustrations and I've wasted HOURS trying to make it work right.

I realize we are all in the same situation here, but can any recommend a dock that allows for dual displays (in clamshell mode), power, and some extra USB ports?

If not, I'd settle for just getting my displays to function correctly and I'll get adapters for everything else.

(I'm on a 2019 MBP, with dual Samsung CF390 monitors which, unfortunately, do not support daisy chaining)
bradc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

As we do not design, manufacture end product we assume that all docking stations work the way the manufacturer advertise them to work.
If you are having trouble with clamshell mode you have to make sure that you have legacy driver 5.2.5 installed on your Mac. As this feature is currently not supported in DisplayLink Manager v1.1.

Other than that I would need to know what your current dock is/was what was the issue exactly other than Clamshell mode. And that most likely would need to come with some additional logfiles for investigation.

Power delivery and USB options are not depended on us but on the manufacturer.

So if you'd like us to help you troubleshoot further please let me know.

Best regards,
Katarzyna

Last edited by KatarzynaCzaja; 09-28-2020 at 12:09 PM.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:18 AM   #3
Maranthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradc View Post
I am done with this POS. It causes daily frustrations and I've wasted HOURS trying to make it work right.

I realize we are all in the same situation here, but can any recommend a dock that allows for dual displays (in clamshell mode), power, and some extra USB ports?

If not, I'd settle for just getting my displays to function correctly and I'll get adapters for everything else.

(I'm on a 2019 MBP, with dual Samsung CF390 monitors which, unfortunately, do not support daisy chaining)
As a workaround for clamshell mode you can get a dock that has a native Alt Mode output such as the Dell D6000. Use the HDMI connection for one of your monitors, and as that output is native the Mac will stay awake when closed.
Maranthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #4
vancutterromney

Default Dell D6000

Try Dell D6000. I have two of those, one for myself and one for the mrs. Just connects to the USB C port of your MBP. Feeds it power, takes the display, connects to 3 external monitors, and has plenty of added USB ports.
vancutterromney is offline   Reply With Quote