Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
zaplov

Default Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock ethernet driver problems with fix IP

Hi I'm having trouble with a lenovo X1 Carbon and the lenovo usb 3.0 dock's Ethernet. I have installed the displaylink update DisplayLink-7.4 M0 and my Operating System is Windows 8.0 Pro.

The gigabit ethernet port work correctly in DHCP. When I change the configuration of the adapter with a Fix IP (TCP/IPv4) and I apply my settings, the last configuration is lost.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
zaplov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
zaplov

I've already upgrade the BIOS of X1 Carbon and the firmware of the Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock at the last update, but nothing changes.
zaplov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:22 AM   #3
DispLnkUser

Default Problems with DisplayLink and Fixed IP for a long time

Did you every get anywhere with this issue? I have had the same issue with Display Link and setting a fixed IP address. In my case I have a Dell M3800 which has no physical Ethernet port available. Everything is done through USB to Ethernet adapter or USB 3.0 Dell docking station. My work requires that I connect to many different devices by setting up a static IP address to do so. This capability is critical for me. I have the same issue with both the dock and two different USB to Ethernet converters. When I set a static IP address and then close the setup windows, when I go back in to check the address, it is gone. Early on I spent days trying to figure this out. I finally found that it was somehow related to the DisplayLink drivers. I am currently running windows 8.1. I found that when I loaded a certain DisplayLink driver version everything worked the way it was supposed to, but now I am stuck at this version. If I uninstall the DisplayLink Driver my problem comes back and if I try to upgrade to anything newer my problem comes back. It is a bad situation, because if I can't set a static IP I can't do my job. I haven't been able to figure out what to do. I have an image of my PC and if I make any change to the DisplayLink Driver the image is my only way to get things working again. If you figured anything out or have info that may help it would be greatly appreciated.
DispLnkUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
irstoneMT

Exclamation Has there been a fix for this issue?

I am also having this issue. Retaining a STATIC IP configuration is paramount for my customers, as they cannot access the data that requires them to be on a static IP. I have seen this issue with Targus docks, Lenovo USB 3.0 docks and am currently testing the Lenovo OneLink Pro dock (I have doubts that the Onlink Pro will function any different).

The affected systems are all on Windows 8.1 64bit Enterprise version.

Thank You all for your assistance in resolving this issue.
irstoneMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
DispLnkUser

Default DisplayLink Static IP Issues

I never found an easy fix for this issue. My fix was painful. I had to reinstall the OS and start over. Things have been good since then up until now. I started having issues with my DisplayLink USB Monitor for some unknown reason. I started getting a message that my DisplayLink Driver wasn't compatible and needed to be updated after it had been working fine for about a year. After I reinstalled the latest DisplayLink Driver the USB monitor started working again, but if I assign a static IP address and exit out of the network adapter setup, when I go back in it is back to DHCP all by itself.

This causes major problems for me as this is a Dell Precision work laptop and I connect to industrial machines and equipment every day that require me to use a static IP assignment. This problem is not only with the Dell USB 3.0 Docking station I use in the office, I also see the same issue with my USB to Ethernet adapters. I sure wish I had an easier way to fix this.

If anyone has found a better fix please let me know. Thank you.
DispLnkUser is offline   Reply With Quote