Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-28-2022, 01:50 AM   #1
ayn57

Angry DisplayLink monitors no longer do to sleep in clamshell mode?

Not sure why (perhaps after the MacOS 12.3 -> 12.4 upgrade?) the monitors connected via DisplayLink no longer go to sleep when I am using my Mac in clamshell mode. I upgraded DisplayLink software from 1.6.1 to 1.7.0; unfortunately it did not help...

To clarify - when I had the lid opened, both internal and DisplayLink monitors would go to sleep correctly. When I close the lid, and have the new "Power save all displays and sleep in clamshell" option enabled, monitors go to sleep correctly too. But it I am working in clamshell mode to begin with, then DisplayLink monitors refuse to go to sleep...

(I set up one of the corners as "Put Display to Sleep" hot corner to make it easier to test).
ayn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?

To do that follow the steps mentioned in the following article: How to Report Macos Issues to DisplayLink

Also please tell me what is the exact brand and model of the DisplayLink powered device that you have.

Thank you.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:49 AM   #3
ayn57

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?

To do that follow the steps mentioned in the following article: How to Report Macos Issues to DisplayLink

Also please tell me what is the exact brand and model of the DisplayLink powered device that you have.
I have Dell Universal Dock D6000 with Asus PA278QV connected to DisplayPort and Asus VS24A connected to HDMI.

I collected the logs, but some of them seem to contain semi-private information (e.g. networking setup WLan SSIIDs, VPN configuration, etc) that I am uncomfortable sharing here.
ayn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
ChrisSutcliffe

I'm seeing the same behaviour and I'm happy to help address the issue.
ChrisSutcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:34 AM   #5
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn57 View Post
I have Dell Universal Dock D6000 with Asus PA278QV connected to DisplayPort and Asus VS24A connected to HDMI.

I collected the logs, but some of them seem to contain semi-private information (e.g. networking setup WLan SSIIDs, VPN configuration, etc) that I am uncomfortable sharing here.
You can share the files with us by sending an email directly to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSutcliffe View Post
I'm seeing the same behaviour and I'm happy to help address the issue.
As previously we will need more detailed problem description and more details about your setup - what and how everything is connected and we will need logfiles.
Please follow the steps from the article I linked in my first post and then you can share everything here or for faster support you can send an email to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 12:58 PM   #6
ChrisSutcliffe

Thanks! I've collected the logs and submitted them with a description of the issue to the email address you provided.
ChrisSutcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:45 PM   #7
kamyk1371

Any solution for this?
It started happening for me too, that is so frustrating. Also after some mac os system update
kamyk1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:43 PM   #8
TexasDon

This also happens when using a LenovoThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock
TexasDon is offline   Reply With Quote