Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #1
nexxai

Question StarTech MST30C2DPPD and Big Sur - 2019 Intel MacBook w/ Radeon

Hi there,

I'm having a hell of a time getting this dock to power my external display and I'm hoping that someone can give me some pointers or ideas.

First of all, I know the dock works because I can plug it into a 2016 13" MacBook Pro (with no discrete graphics) and it extends the desktop to the DisplayPort-connected monitor just fine. That said, it has been working for years and I'm sure when I first got the dock, I installed "something" (I don't remember what; it would have been linked from the StarTech website; I assume it was just the DisplayLink drivers) to make it work. Now StarTech says they don't support macOS for this dock, but I know it works because it works on this other MacBook.

That narrows it down to being a problem on this one laptop but I don't know where to go. I've tried installing just the DisplayLink drivers, I've tried installing the DisplayLink Manager, I've tried different cables, I've tried all 4 USB-C ports, I can't seem to figure it out.

The only thing I can think of is that it needs some older version of the DisplayLink drivers to work, but I don't know how to check the working laptop to see which ones it's successfully running. Is anyone able to point me in the direction of the steps I could take to check?

Otherwise, if there's something else I can be doing, by all means, please let me know.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by nexxai; 08-30-2021 at 03:50 PM.
nexxai is offline   Reply With Quote