Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #1
jward01

Default Display Link stopped working, light wont turn on

Hello all!

I am hoping to speak with some admins or DisplayLink Employees about this issue. Last night my display link was working fine on my desktop. This morning it stopped displaying on my monitor, so I uninstalled the drivers, and reinstalled the drivers. Now the light on the display link adapter wont turn on.

I have restarted my computer several times, gone through display links debugging checklist (yes there is a windows display link service, yes I see it under devices and usb display adapters, yes I see the drivers are installed, but it wont work. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and I am at a loss. I am ready to sell the adapter and buy a video card (which is not what I want to do, I want to fix this).

Currently the computer tells me that the DisplayLink adapter is connected (via the debugging process in the derbugging thread), but it doesnt do anything with it. The light on the display link adapter wont turn on when I plug it in (I have tried to attached it to DVI, HDMI and changed the order I plug/screw it in.) and the monitor stays black. I uninstall the drivers, reinstall and restart. Same issue.

How can I fix this? I think its my computer, I installed the display adapter on a laptop just now and the light turns on, it behaves as normal.

I attached my log files to this post. Can anyone help me?
Attached Files
File Type: zip JEFF-PC_20160812_215100.zip (1,012.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jward01; 08-13-2016 at 06:18 AM. Reason: details
jward01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, display, light, not working