Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2024, 12:15 PM   #1
alb1nsh

Exclamation How i create Custom Resolutions on my Docking Station (DisplayLink)

Hello everyone,

I'm using an i-Tec docking station that supports two screens with 4K resolution. Specifically, it's the following model: https://i-tec.pro/de/produkt/cadua4kdockpdl-3/

I bought it because I wanted to connect my Zypherus G14 (Model GA401QM) to my external ASUS PG258q 240Hz monitor.

Everything works flawlessly, and I have no problems. The 240Hz refresh rate is also supported.

However, since I play competitively, I need some custom resolutions or stretched resolutions, such as 1280x960 for CS.

The issue is that only the following resolutions are available to me:
- 1920x1080
- 1024x768
- 800x600

I tried using CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) to create a custom resolution, but unfortunately, the resolutions I created don't appear in Windows.

Using AMD or NVIDIA software isn't an option either, as these tools only affect the laptop screen, not the external monitor.

I noticed on DisplayLink that only resolutions available on the monitor are shown through DisplayLink. However, it seems my monitor only provides the resolutions mentioned above to the dock.

So, my question is, is there any way to create custom resolutions for my ASUS monitor through my docking station despite using DisplayLink?

Last edited by alb1nsh; 05-01-2024 at 12:20 PM.
alb1nsh is offline   Reply With Quote