Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #51
TabSel

Displaylink support please?
TabSel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #52
Vald

Don't bother. They aren't listening and they don't care. Just spread the word about their defective drivers and the hardware manufacturers will have no choice but to put pressure on them when their sales suffer.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #53
JamesH

Hi,

I am listening but I don't have any news at the moment.
We are aware of the issue and are doing what we can to progress it.

There are a lot of different issues in this thread - if you have an issue that is not related to the Nvidia Control Panel please create a new thread.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #54
sorrydaijin

Is there at least a workaround for this? Having to unplug my 2 extra monitors, uninstall the drivers and reboot every time I want to use a 3D app is beyond annoying.

I have an Ideapad Y580 (with GF660M GTX) hooked up to two Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421s.

Last edited by sorrydaijin; 08-08-2013 at 01:12 AM.
sorrydaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #55
Vald

Well, as of 7.4 M2 the problem is still present. I tried it again after packing up my dock and trying to sell it (nobody will buy it because it uses DisplayLink technology) and, as expected, it doesn't work.

You guys are just great - continuing to put out defective products for how long now? Close to a year?
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #56
sulo28

Same issue here and its 2014. I think i may be abandoning DisplayLink since this seems to be an issue they refuse to correct, based on how long this thread has been open.

Very unfortunate.
sulo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #57
MSPV12

OK, so I have win7 pro 64bit with Nvidia GTX690 335.23 latest nvidia drivers (also tried other older drivers without success.

Three screens working fine in 2d surround.

Connect new 7" Lilliput and install latest 7.4 whatever displaylink drivers.

Initially, when I connected the usb screen, two main monitors turn off. switch off the usb screen and 2d surround works fine and all screens turn back on.

I have managed to get all four screens working, of sorts, but without being able to span the desktop across the three main screens. So when I run iracing, although I have the gfx settings set to run iracing on 3 screens rendered separately, the sim only displays on the center screen, with the outer two and the usb screen all displaying the desktop.

Also, with the usb screen powered ON, the Nvidia control panel is none functional.

When I turn the usb screen off, the Nvidia control panel works as normal.

I cannot operate the nvidia 'span displays with surround' when all four screens are listed, because a pop up appears that requires me to close a program called "Displaylinkuseragent.exe". When I try to close that application in task manager, it fails and says "Access denied". So I have to uninstall the displaylink software to be able to run the nvidia span display routine.

So, I can have four screens all working as clones (but lose all nvidia control panel functions), but I cannot have three main screens with extended desktop 2d surround and the fourth usb screen as accessory monitor.

It seems this is a long-standing issue. Did I just waste £100 on a stupid usb screen?

Please help.
MSPV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #58
Blayt

I have the latest nvidia driver for my 780 Ti (v337.88) on Win 7 x64 and just downloaded DisplayLink Manager (v7.6.55673.0) as of June 12, 2014.

I cannot bring up the nvidia control panel, unless I display the DisplayLink adapter. Very very frustrating, it has been this way for quite some time.

Are there any updates? Will there be a fix or is this inconclusive right now?

Does anyone know if other similar products have this limitation, or just DisplayLink?
Blayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #59
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayt View Post
I have the latest nvidia driver for my 780 Ti (v337.88) on Win 7 x64 and just downloaded DisplayLink Manager (v7.6.55673.0) as of June 12, 2014.

I cannot bring up the nvidia control panel, unless I display the DisplayLink adapter. Very very frustrating, it has been this way for quite some time.

Are there any updates? Will there be a fix or is this inconclusive right now?

Does anyone know if other similar products have this limitation, or just DisplayLink?
This is a known problem and we're currently trying to work with NVIDIA to find a solution as we don't know why our drivers make NIVIDIA hide the control panel.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #60
SusiBiker

Hi Wim,

I think I should have posted a problem I've been having with an Event Error ID14, referring to nvlddmkm, on this page. Sorry.

To save a double post, the thread can be found here -
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...4722#post74722

Regards,
Susi xx
SusiBiker is offline   Reply With Quote