Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
StefanZ

Default Second screen only 640x480 on D6000

I have a Dell D6000 dock and I want to connect two screens. One screen works fine (1680x1050 via Displayport) but the other screen (via Displayport or HDMI) only works at 640x480 (other options are greyed out). Even when this screen is the only one that is attached to the hub. It's a full HD screen and works fine when I connect it directly to my laptop via HDMI.

I have updated to the latest drivers. Strangely, the Displaylink Manager shows "No monitor", although it shows a screen at 640x480.

I tried another screen and that screen did work properly (i.e. it had full HD resolution and it was connected as a second screen). However, I cannot swap the screens for other reasons.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I have attached the log files.

Last edited by StefanZ; 09-26-2021 at 10:16 AM.
StefanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello StefanZ,

Thank you for posting on our forum.

I have analyzed your log files and it seems that the issue comes from the monitor that reports only the lowest possible resolution to our driver which than chooses it as there are no other.

I have verified also EDID file of your monitor and it looks like there are some errors which may be causing issues with transferring data to our driver.

The only recommendation I have right now is to switch cables used with that monitor and test different ports on the monitor.

In case of any further questions, please post them here or contact us directly on our email address: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
StefanZ

Thank you for your reply. Before I posted my message, I tried everything: swapping cables, trying other laptops, trying all ports (with a DP to HDMI adapter) but the resolution of this screen remained 640x480.

Finally, I tried to connect my Android phone to the dock via usb-c and using the Displaylink app. The screen was now able to view in a resolution of 1366x768. Still not Full HD but it was already more than 640x480. A day later I tried to connect my laptop again and somehow the screen worked! I have no idea what happened, I think the phone connection may have reset something in the dock, but I'm very happy the dock works now. I also tried to connect a different laptop and there it also works now!
Old 09-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
StefanZ

Nevermind, it stopped working again today... Again, the screen only displays 640x480 with no possibility to change the resolution.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #5
StefanZ

Pretty ridiculous but I ended up buying a new (used) screen. This one works fine.

Very strange that the dock does not accept the other screen via HDMI or DP... This sure seems like a bug.
It would also be much better if we could override the resolution or EDID file somehow.