Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
01daell

Default Various Issues

Hello,

Wonder if someone can offer some guidance.

I purchased a Plugable UD-3900 a couple of weeks ago now. My setup of the device is plugging my PC directly into the UD3900 via USB3, and then connecting the monitor to the UD3900 directly. This will then allow me to change the USB from my PC to my Laptop to instantly take advantage of the extra monitor without having to change the monitor cable over.

My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and the model is a Dell XPS Studio 435MT.

WHen I first purchased the UD3900, my software/games were already installed on the PC. I connected the UD3900 up and noticed that the mouse blinked once every 2 seconds approximately, and when running full screen games (Eve Online) I would have lag ever 2 seconds in time with the mouse blinking. I contacted Plugable and they recommended a few steps, including upgrading my graphics card from the Radeon 4600 series that I had, and now I have a Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GT 730. I tried the steps several times and the problem persisted, however after a few tries, the problem stopped. I loaded the games up (Eve Online and Risen 3) and both were running smoothly and fine. A few days later, when I turned the PC on and logged in, the computer hard rebooted itself for no apparent reason with no error message/code. When the computer rebooted the mouse blinking started again! I tried the steps again and the problem persisted. I decided to reinstall windows 10 clean. I installed the display link drivers again on the fresh OS and the blinking continued! Eventually, I played around with it a bit and used the cleaner tool in safe mode then reinstalled displaylink 7.9 M2 in normal mode and the blinking stopped. I then installed EVE online and Risen 3...they both wouldnt work. EVE Online was now EXTREMELY laggy (but I had a visual), and Risen 3 I have no visual but can hear the game sounds. Both in full screen mode. I then went into EVE Online launcher settings and changed it to run in DirectX9 instead of DirectX11. Eve Online now works perfectly, however still have to joy with Risen 3.

I can't use the driver uninstall tool that I have seen around because I rely on the UD3900 for non gaming applications due to my set up of my single and only monitor going through the displaylink.

Any suggestions? I don't feel I am getting my value for money at £100 with the problems/bugs I am constantly experiencing.
01daell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

This tool may be of use:
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...splaylink-soft

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote