Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #1
icanfly77

Default MBP 2019 + Dell D6000 + Big Sur 11.6 no display

Hi

I too am having an issue with my MBP 2019 on Big Sur 11.6 with the Dell D6000 dock

I am getting no display! Monitors detected and Computer thinks the display is working on them but there is nothing

Monitor lights are green indicating everything plugged in and working but nope!

So I have used this dock before and usually when new Mac Update comes out I need to update displaylink driver and that has worked before but this time no!

I am on 11.6, latest driver 1.5, screen recording option has displaylink manager ticked and have also tried updating the firmware to A04 on a Windows machine and power cycled the dock and still nothing!

I have two BenQ GL2460 monitors connected via DVI and plugged into DVI to display port adaptors on the dock. Tried older display link drivers, different USB-C ports, even tried plugging in via USB-A and resetting the SMC

So I am out of options. A lot of people said they issues even detecting monitors but I do not it appears everything is working according the the MAC and the monitors except just black!

I did somewhere an option to run the displaylink software un-installer but I dont have that app and its not included with the package

Thanks

EDIT: Just discovered if I plug one of the monitors in to the USB port of the MBP, the other monitor left plugged in to the dock will now work.. But if I unplug that monitor again from the MBP USB-C port that monitor plugged into the dock will go black again so its not as if just having one monitor plugged into the dock will work by itself, it just wont unless another monitor is plugged in to the MBP!

I have confirmed dock is working fine with two monitors plugged in as it works fine in Windows 10 so its obviously a Mac issue!

UPDATE: So I have fixed the issue with a different method. Instead of connecting both monitors using DVI - DisplayPort I have one monitor now connected DVI to the HDMI port on the dock and both monitors are now working!

So over this, everytime Apple release a software update something breaks

Last edited by icanfly77; 10-07-2021 at 12:32 AM.
icanfly77 is offline   Reply With Quote