Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
kmolm

Default Dual monitor on mac through HDMI 4k and 2k

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro, and I want dual monitors (Viewsonic - VG2439smh). I purchased the Tobenone USB-C docking station hoping that this would do the trick.

My Mac will only detect the monitor that connects to the 4k HDMI. (I've tried both monitors in each port - the 4k and 2k. Each monitor will be detected when it is in the 4k, and neither will be detected when in the 2k.) The monitors are detected by my previous PC (an HP using their display port connections).

I've restarted, switched cables, switched ports, uninstalled/reinstalled displaylink software, checked the kexts in the security.

I'm pretty sure it's not the cables. (I have 4k cables; I assume a 4k cable could hand a 2k port, but maybe I need to get 2k cable?)

I'm pretty sure that it's not the monitors. (They worked - and still do - on my HP.)

So, it's either a setting on the Mac or it's the docking station, neither of which I know how to troubleshoot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
kmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for posting on our forum.

Could you please provide me with a log files by following this guide.

Additionally, if possible please provide me with a photo and description of your docking station. It may be from some web page as I would need the exact specifications and I do not know which model are you exactly using.

Thank you for your actions.

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displays, dual monitors, mac