Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
benFRA

Unhappy MacBook Pro internal Display wont turn off, ext. display turning off and on constantl

Hi,

i have been using an Lenovo USB-C Dock for about 1 ½ years with my macbook Pro.

Two external displays connected via HDMI.
So when i connected to the Hub and closed the Laptop it would automatically switch of the internal display and only use the two external monitors.

Since the Update to Mac OS 11.4. i am having troubles.

At first the external displays would not show ANYTHING. I solved that problem by installing the lates Display Manager (1.4. Build 57.120).

So now the ext. displays show content again but if i close the laptop the displays come back to life after a few seconds bit the internal display is still shown in the control settings as an active display AND the external display are going black every 15-20 seconds.

I tried all the trouble shooting from display Links help page....non of them worked.....

anyone with the same problem? or ideally with a solution ?

Thanks!

best

ben
benFRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
zimo4321

I have the same problem too with Mac Book Pro. The way I over come it is by keeping the lid open while my mac is connected to the docking station. I hope this issue is resolved soon.
zimo4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #3
benFRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimo4321 View Post
I have the same problem too with Mac Book Pro. The way I over come it is by keeping the lid open while my mac is connected to the docking station. I hope this issue is resolved soon.
Good to know i am not alone in this!
my problem with keeping the lid open is, that several programms will open on the internal display or open windows on it so that i wont see them. Due to my desktop setup i have now put one of my external display in vertical to fit the laptops display between the two displays.....looks very hipster/hacker/techy but i would really like to go back to my old configuration

i am not entirely sure wether this is a problem at displayLink or maybe in MacOS.
I think i will try to connect a display via a simple HDMI/USBC adapter and see wether the problem occurs when not connected through the hub as well.....
Old 06-08-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Zaphod128

It's a known issue for Intel Macs. See here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...cos-big-sur-11
Zaphod128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #5
TDuechting

I have the same problem and had it not with an elgato docking station.

If I close my macbook pro, the external device works for a couple of seconds and then the login screen appears. I typed in my credentials and it works again for a couple of seconds and the issue repeat.
TDuechting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:32 AM   #6
benFRA

Default Additional Problems

I do have additional issues now.

If i wake the system after it is in "Screensaver" mode or it went to powersaving mode one or two of the external Display do not wake up with the laptop.
The Turn on and show the wallpaper BUT the pointer is not shown, you can not drag windows there or anything. After like 5 Minutes SOMETIMES one of the displays "wakes up" and is useable again - the other is still "unresponsive" unplugging the USB does not help. i have to pull the power plug of the dock, wait 10 seconds and reboot it.....this is not satisfying.......

Tags
mac os bigsur 11.4