Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
mds

The same, blank screen, also happens with the Freda ebook Reader and OneNote Windows 8 Metro apps. Removing DisplayLink resolves the problem.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
Jim Chapman

Freda uses the Direct3D APIs (but doesn't require any very demanding feature set). If anyone wants to do some detailed debugging, please let me know - I can build a debug package that produces diagnostics for Direct3D errors, which might help you to narrow down the issue, if you can find a DisplayLink user who is willing to sideload it.

You can email me at jim@turnipsoft.co.uk
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
Wim

We've done some testing on this. The Netflix error seems to happen when you use the Netflix metro app under Windows 8. It seems to work fine if you use a web browser to watch Netflix video on Windows 8, so that is a possible work around for now.

As for Freda, I have tried this and it worked fine with DisplayLink software installed and using the Metro app on a DisplayLink screen.

Wim
Old 11-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
DrummerJDM

I know the OneNote thing also stands true that it won't work when DisplayLink is installed. However for me when I uninstall DisplayLink I still cannot open OneNote. It opens to a blank screen.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
DrummerJDM

I can confirm with the new driver release Nov 22 that the Direct 3D issue STILL perists. I have to uninstall the driver in order to play Diablo 3 full screen and at a good frame rate. Please fix!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #16
madsnab

z3phon

I'm having the same issue with Windows 7. After installing DisplayLink = D3D error. Uninstall DisplayLink = No problems.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsnab View Post
z3phon

I'm having the same issue with Windows 7. After installing DisplayLink = D3D error. Uninstall DisplayLink = No problems.
This will be a different issue, as the issues in this thread are specific to Windows 8.

What D3D error are you getting and what are you doing? Might be best to start a new thread, as it's not related to the Win 8 issues in this thread.

Wim
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
DrummerJDM

Any status update on this? I still can't open Netflix or OneNote either. Also the Diablo 3 issue persists.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
beuford

Default Video Playback in Win8 "Modern Mode" aka start screen

This is also true for the Hulu app in "modern apps" mode... you can load the app, show pages load, but try to play a video and you get:

"We're sorry but there was an issue playing the video you selected. Your graphics drivers appear to be outdated. Please install the latest ones via the manufacturer's website and try again. (PB3)"

Also, here is the Netflix error I get,

"The following driver(s) failed to load: \Windows\System32\dlumd64.dll (UserModeComponentLoad, EncryptionFailure), \Windows\System32\Drivers\dlkmd.sys (UserModeComponentLoad, InvalidComponentCertificateRoot).

Error Code: W8158"

I have a Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI adapter (DL-3500 chipset) on a Dell e6430 w/ USB 3.0. I have the latest drivers (7.0M3) and your DisplayLink Support Tool (1.0.0.15) reports no issues.

Support Files and screenshots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hulu_win8_modern_video_playback_20121204_01.jpg (9.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg netflix_win8_modern_video_playback_20121204_01.jpg (8.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip HARVEY-R-W8_20121204_070540.zip (161.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #20
WindowsNow

Default Please figure this out

Ever since I have installed this stupid USB monitor, I have been unable to run *any* Metro-style video apps on my machine. Uninstalling this monitor and deleting the drivers does not fix the problem. This is kind of ridiculous. Please fix this problem so I can use my computer the way I'd like to. I do not feel like wiping my computer and reinstalling Windows over this stupid little monitor.

I'll even give you remote access to my machine if it will help.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
direct 3d, intel hd, netflix, nvidia optimus, windows 8