Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
averyc

Exclamation DL driver activates laptop display

I am using a MacBook Air 13 (late 2011). Under common usage scenarios, the DL driver activates the laptop display while the laptop is closed. I have uninstalled the driver to confirm that it is the driver causing the problem.

I am using OS X 10.7.4. I've filed a support request twice but haven't heard anything. I've also filed a support request with the device seller but I haven't heard a reply from them.

With the DisplayLink Driver 1.8 installed:

1. Restarted. The laptop is closed. There is a bluetooth keyboard and mouse paired with it.
2. I only have one monitor attached to my laptop. I'm NOT using the DisplayLink USB-DVI dongle. I am using a mini-DisplayPort-VGA dongle off of the Thunderbolt port.
2. System Prefs -> Display preferences only shows one display active. The laptop display is off.
3. I unplug the mini-DisplayPort VGA dongle.
4. The laptop is still closed, but I see the laptop display turn on (the Apple logo brightens).
5. The laptop is still closed, I re-plugin the mini-DisplayPort VGA Dongle.
6. System Prefs ->Display preferences shows that the external display AND the laptop display are active. The laptop display is on. (The laptop lid is still closed). Here's what I've done.

Without the DisplayLink Driver installed:

1. Restarted. The laptop is closed. There is a bluetooth keyboard and mouse paired with it.
2. I only have one monitor attached to my laptop. I'm NOT using the DisplayLink USB-DVI dongle. I am using a mini-DisplayPort-VGA dongle off of the Thunderbolt port.
2. System Prefs -> Display preferences only shows one display active. The laptop display is off.
3. I unplug the mini-DisplayPort VGA dongle.
4. The laptop is still closed. The Apple logo DOESN'T brighten.
5. The laptop is still closed, I re-plugin the mini-DisplayPort VGA Dongle.
6. System Prefs ->Display preferences shows that only the external display is active. The laptop display is off. (The laptop lid is still closed).
averyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
closed laptop, macbook air