Default DisplayPort not working on i-tec dock using DisplayLink

I am using DisplayLink
displaylink.com/downloads/macos
with i-tec CADUA4KDOCKPDL
i-tec.cz/de/produkt/cadua4kdockpdl-3/
displaylink driver 5.1.40
on Mojave 10.14.5
on iMac 2017 4K 21,5inch

Connecting a monitor ASUS ROG PG27A to outputs DisplayPort zone 1 or 2 on dock CADUA4KDOCKPDL this monitor does not see/recognize signal DP and remains black.

I have some other signal sources with DisplayPort. Connecting the monitor ASUS ROG PG27A with DisplayPort to these sources. No problems with DP on ASUS ROG PG27A.

I have an an adapter USB 3.1 Type C to DisplayPort 1.2
https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2350/
With this adapter I can connect monitor ASUS ROG PG27A with DisplayPort 3840x2160 60Hz to the iMac. What is I wanted from the dock.

i-tec CADUA4KDOCKPDL using driver DL is the only source DP not recognized by monitor ASUS ROG PG27A.

Why? Is this the driver? Or the dock?

I already resetted the monitor and switched off deep sleep modes on Asus.

How to get DisplayPort working on docking station CADUA4KDOCKPDL with monitor ASUS ROG PG27A ?
AW_DisplayLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
txreplay

Got the same problem with the same device and a 1440p screen. However it seems to work when I choose a smaller resolution for my screen (1080p works just fine, but it's very ugly), also I don't have any problems with HDMI.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20190708_235440.zip (4.46 MB, 0 views)
txreplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:54 AM   #3
AW_DisplayLink

Default DisplayLink macOS AppStore app v0.5.0 Beta 2 recognizes now ASUS monitor on DP

Just to let you know for your knowledge/experience:

I installed on iMac 2017 with macOS Catalina 10.15.4 the beta driver DisplayLink macOS AppStore app v0.5.0 Beta 2 - third preview release.

http://assets.displaylink.com/live/d...ease+Notes.txt

With this driver i-tec CADUA4KDOCKPDL now recognizes monitor ASUS ROG PG27A not only via HDMI but also via DisplayPort!

Monitor ASUS ROG PG27A signal info: Input DisplayPort resolution 3840x2160 Refresh rate 60Hz!

The new driver identifies the display as "unknown display". The old driver could identify the ASUS ROG PG27A correctly as "ASUS ROG PG27A" in monitor settings.

There is still some flickering, but hopefully this will be fixed in the final release of the new driver.

Great!

But there is still a lack of ability on macOS to deactivate monitors instead of powering off monitors by unplugging power supply to monitor.

Best regards

AW
AW_DisplayLink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dp not working