Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 08-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
eggsterino

Default Dell D6000 dock resetting on Chrome OS

Dear all

I have a Dell D6000 universal dock connected to the new Pixelbook with Chrome OS 68.0.3440.76 (Official Build) beta. (I was previously on stable channel as well).

The docking station keeps disconnecting randomly and I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB in order to get the displays working again.

I have found 2 threads with the same problem and Ubuntu OS (here and here).
Since Chrome OS kernel is Linux - I believe it should have the same solution, however I cannot apply the suggested fix (disable USB AutoSuspend) as I don't want to unlock the developer mode on my machine. This solution must be implemented by Google and DisplayLink together.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
eggsterino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
edclement

Default Fix

disable automatic suspend of idle audio sinks/sources (fixes D6000 dock issue with displaylink)

Code:
sudo sed -i -E 's/^[#]?\s*load-module\s*module-suspend-on-idle.*$/# load-module module-suspend-on-idle/' /etc/pulse/default.pa
edclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:33 PM   #3
eggsterino

Thank you, however I cannot perform this fix because I don't have sudo permissions, that requires unlocking Dev mode in chrome os
eggsterino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:29 AM   #4
superdav42

Default No Pulse audio

I am experiencing this problem on my chromebook as well using the D6000 dock.
The same fix for Ubuntu will not work with Chrome OS even with developer mod enabled as /etc/pulse/default.pa doesn't exist because there is no Pulse Audio on Chrome OS.

I have configured the sound to output through the dock and plugged in some headphones and that seems to have helped. Perhaps that's all that is needed to keep the displays working.
superdav42 is offline   Reply With Quote