Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
lferrao

Unhappy Performance issues with Google Chrome

Hi, my displaylink monitor dock setup works great and generally takes very little CPU (1-2%), but if I open google chrome and place the window in the monitor that's connected via displaylink, driver consumption goes to 10% and if I move the mouse continuously on that window, it goes to 20% and basically I can notice lag. Is there a fix for this? This doesn't happen with IE, or any other app, just chrome.

Luis

Last edited by lferrao; 03-26-2015 at 01:29 PM.
lferrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
Wim

We will use CPU to detect the screen changes and encode and send the updates. What is the spec of the computer you are using and the screen resolution of the DisplayLink screen. Are you using USB 3.0?

It sounds like something in the system is adding latency eg the graphics update rate we are getting from the system or a USB 2.0 connection that is being saturated by the screen updates.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
lferrao

I am using USB 3.0. I have a Core i7-4500U 1.8GHz with 8GB of RAM on a 2560x1440 displaylink resolution. Only Google Chrome causes the issue, no other browsers or apps, or combination of browsers or apps cause this issue.
The moment I put chrome on the displaylink display, it becomes grainy (low res) and takes up all my cpu, even when just displaying a simple page.
lferrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
dutchesz

Default Same

I am having the same issue. Just installed on Linux after a complicated setup. I can know run it just fine in firefox, but when I open Chrome and put it on a DisplayLink monitor it has a very noticeable lag.
dutchesz is offline   Reply With Quote