Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #1
maccamania

Default DisplayLinkUserAgent not responding

Hi, I use a MacBook Pro 14 2021 (Ventura) with Dell D6000 and 3 monitors. Sometimes, when I wake up the computer, only the HDMI monitor works and in System Monitor I have the DisplayLinkUserAgent in red, with "not responding" message. So I force quit the user agent and then restart the DisplayLink Manager, and the other 2 monitors start working too.

This issue occurs since last 2-3 releases of DisplayLink drivers. I have the last release installed.

Thank you!
maccamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
Hi, I use a MacBook Pro 14 2021 (Ventura) with Dell D6000 and 3 monitors. Sometimes, when I wake up the computer, only the HDMI monitor works and in System Monitor I have the DisplayLinkUserAgent in red, with "not responding" message. So I force quit the user agent and then restart the DisplayLink Manager, and the other 2 monitors start working too.

This issue occurs since last 2-3 releases of DisplayLink drivers. I have the last release installed.

Thank you!
Hello

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
maccamania

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSznicer View Post
Hello

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
Thanks a lot for your answer. I've just installed the DisplayLink Information app and selected the level of logs to Verbose. When the issue will occurs again, I will send you the report.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:03 AM   #4
maccamania

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSznicer View Post
Hello

Logs sent, please let me know if I can help you in other ways. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
nikkorejz

Default Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
Logs sent, please let me know if I can help you in other ways. Thanks.
Hi, I have same problem. I use macbook pro 13 M1 (MacOS 12.3) with Samsung C49RG90SSI (PBP disabled, connected via display port). My dock: Targus 180 (DOCK180USZ). When laptop sleeping in clamshell mode, after mouseclick monitor wasn't woke up. I need open laptop, and restart display link manager, because it not responding

https://ibb.co/9t8xgB9

Last edited by nikkorejz; 11-13-2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Add screenshot
nikkorejz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 06:38 PM   #6
davidjk

Default Same Problem Too

Is there any update on this? I experience this problem regularly with my M1 MBP. I have to force quit DisplayLinkUserAgent from Activity Monitor and then relaunch DisplayLink Manager to get it working again.
davidjk is offline   Reply With Quote