Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-03-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
ForeverGolf

Default Closed Macbook with 2 Monitors

Hello,

I am really struggeling with the DisplayLink Software and my Dockingstation (i-tec).
My Macbook Pro (MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)) has 2 external monitors.

I found out that when i want to close my Macbook, i need to have the power cable attached. Its not working with just the internal power adapter of my i-tec docking station.

The really annoying thing is when i close my Macbook, the 2 monitors are working perfectly. When i put my Macbook into silent mode, and after some time i press my keyword, i have a lot of cases where the 2 monitors will not turn on. Sometimes its working, but most of the times i have to open my Macbook again ... wait some seconds ... then close it again, relogin and then its working.

Its SUPER annoying to have to do this every day, couple of times.
"System sleep in display-closed mode" is enabled on my DisplayLink settings.

Does anybody has a solution how to fix this? I really want to make it work!

Thanks
ForeverGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 10:09 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGolf View Post
Hello,

I am really struggeling with the DisplayLink Software and my Dockingstation (i-tec).
My Macbook Pro (MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)) has 2 external monitors.

I found out that when i want to close my Macbook, i need to have the power cable attached. Its not working with just the internal power adapter of my i-tec docking station.

The really annoying thing is when i close my Macbook, the 2 monitors are working perfectly. When i put my Macbook into silent mode, and after some time i press my keyword, i have a lot of cases where the 2 monitors will not turn on. Sometimes its working, but most of the times i have to open my Macbook again ... wait some seconds ... then close it again, relogin and then its working.

Its SUPER annoying to have to do this every day, couple of times.
"System sleep in display-closed mode" is enabled on my DisplayLink settings.

Does anybody has a solution how to fix this? I really want to make it work!

Thanks
Hello

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Please send me to the model of the monitor.

Best Regards[/QUOTE]
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote