Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2023, 04:44 PM   #1
Grashkis

Default MBA M1 Keeps Disconnecting with D6000 and two external monitors ventura

Hello,

I am unable to keep two monitors connected with displaylink and d6000 without having to constantly restart the program because the connection stops.
I am on ventura 13.4 and I recently purchased a dell d6000 for my m1 air so that I can connect a 4k and a 1440p monitor to my book.
One is connected with hdmi and another with displayport and i have also tried vice versa, but the main issue seems to be that after a few minutes of the monitors being connected, they turn black and disconnect until I manually restart the DisplayLink Manager Software.

The monitors sometimes work for upwards of 5 minutes but generally disconnect every 2-3 minutes. This is unbearable. Any idea?

Cheers
Grashkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 08:22 AM   #2
Bah434x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grashkis View Post
Hello,

I am unable to keep two monitors connected with displaylink and d6000 without having to constantly restart the program because the connection stops.
I am on ventura 13.4 and I recently purchased a dell d6000 for my m1 air so that I can connect a 4k and a 1440p monitor to my book.
One is connected with hdmi and another with displayport and i have also tried vice versa, but the main issue seems to be that after a few minutes of the monitors being connected, they turn black and disconnect until I manually restart the DisplayLink Manager Software.

The monitors sometimes work for upwards of 5 minutes but generally disconnect every 2-3 minutes. This is unbearable. Any idea?

Cheers
Not the norm for this dock, have you given full permission to DL in privacy and security settings..?
DL 1.10.0 Build 117
Sonoma 14.1.1

My Setup
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:58 PM   #3
Grashkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah434x View Post
Not the norm for this dock, have you given full permission to DL in privacy and security settings..?
Hey there, yeah, screen recording was already enabeled for the privacy for displaylinkmanager. is there anything else i need to give it permission-wise?

Also its showing seg fault in the log

Last edited by Grashkis; 11-21-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2023, 08:17 AM   #4
Bah434x

You should have below

General>Login Items Enabled
Privacy & Security> Screen Recording & Input Monitoring.

Also I would update to latest version if you haven't already 1.10.0 build 117

When I was using this dock I used both display ports as the HDMI is set for ALT mode which your MacBook doesn't support. This is the reason I changed dock so I had three active ports.

Maybe try using only display ports if your monitors can support this
DL 1.10.0 Build 117
Sonoma 14.1.1

My Setup
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 06:06 PM   #5
Grashkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah434x View Post
You should have below

General>Login Items Enabled
Privacy & Security> Screen Recording & Input Monitoring.

Also I would update to latest version if you haven't already 1.10.0 build 117

When I was using this dock I used both display ports as the HDMI is set for ALT mode which your MacBook doesn't support. This is the reason I changed dock so I had three active ports.

Maybe try using only display ports if your monitors can support this

Hey thanks for the response. Not sure what ALT mode is but I have done all of those things you mention. Even when just one monitor is connected with a displayport cable via the dock it disconnects. I guess the last otpion would be to send my crash zip to the support team. Suprised no one has expeirenced this yet.
Old 11-22-2023, 07:52 PM   #6
AlbanRampon

Quote:
Hey thanks for the response. Not sure what ALT mode is but I have done all of those things you mention. Even when just one monitor is connected with a displayport cable via the dock it disconnects. I guess the last otpion would be to send my crash zip to the support team. Suprised no one has expeirenced this yet.
Hello,
As you mention the app is closing and you need to start it again, it sounds like some kind of error is taking place.
If you haven't yet, could you please follow the details in https://support.displaylink.com/know...ticles/755301?
This will send the right information to our tech support in touch with the development team to progress it.
Many thanks,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 08:25 PM   #7
Grashkis

Thanks will do. Crash logs show some sort of Segmentation fault. Also, in the meantime should I maybe update my macos from ventura to a later version?
Old 11-22-2023, 11:38 PM   #8
macdisplay

Hello, I have the same issue, constantly shutting itself after a couple minutes on latest release.
Im on MBA M1 Mac with Ventura 13.4 currently.

Up to yesterday i was on DLManager 1.6.1, with just minor issues, a couple crashes whenever I undock.

This morning I uninstalled 1.6.1 with its uninstall app, then proceed to download the latest on homebrew (version 1.10.0 (117) showing on the Debug output from Support tool). Then the crash started.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice then run the Support tool, crashreport message was something about EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV), KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS.

Uninstalled again, then downloaded, installed 1.8.1 (build 63.180) from website and it looked to have been stable for a couple hours now. So it appears for me that latest release had not been the best.

Monitor is old Dell U2410 on a Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock.

Last edited by macdisplay; 11-22-2023 at 11:43 PM.
macdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 11:08 AM   #9
AlbanRampon

Quote:
Thanks will do. Crash logs show some sort of Segmentation fault. Also, in the meantime should I maybe update my macos from ventura to a later version?
In principle, it should not matter. But if you're talking about Sonoma, then it could improve that behaviour. If you also ask when you reach out to Tech Support, they'll be able to advise. Thank you, Alban

Old 11-23-2023, 11:09 AM   #10
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdisplay View Post
Hello, I have the same issue, constantly shutting itself after a couple minutes on latest release.
Im on MBA M1 Mac with Ventura 13.4 currently.

Up to yesterday i was on DLManager 1.6.1, with just minor issues, a couple crashes whenever I undock.

This morning I uninstalled 1.6.1 with its uninstall app, then proceed to download the latest on homebrew (version 1.10.0 (117) showing on the Debug output from Support tool). Then the crash started.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice then run the Support tool, crashreport message was something about EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV), KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS.

Uninstalled again, then downloaded, installed 1.8.1 (build 63.180) from website and it looked to have been stable for a couple hours now. So it appears for me that latest release had not been the best.

Monitor is old Dell U2410 on a Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock.
Thank you for the feedback, MacDisplay. I'll share with the dev team so they can improve. Again, thank you, Alban