Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-11-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
macmizzle

Default M1 MacBook Pro - Ventura version 13.0.1 - DisplayLink stopped working

As the title says; after installing Ventura 13.0.1. DisplayLink has stopped working. The app is running but it no longer detects the 2 x screens.

I am running from MacBook Pro M1 2020:
CalDigit USB-C HDMI Dock (UK) + 0.7m TBT3 Cable
StarTech.com USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter - DisplayLink Certified

I have attached logs.

I have rebooted the laptop and the DisplayLink app several times, and also uninstalled/reinstalled DisplayLink Manager (v1.8). 2 x external displays are no longer detectable from Display menu.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20221111_173728.zip (4.00 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by macmizzle; 11-12-2022 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Typos, grammar.
macmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 02:59 AM   #2
vcctm

Same here, on Mac M1 PRO - Ventura 13.0.1 Display Link don't detect any of my screens.
vcctm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:56 PM   #3
bsward

I experienced the same issue. Tried many times and many system restarts after updating to 13.0.1. It wasn't working until I unplugged my Plugable DisplayLink device from the back of my M1 iMac and plugged it back in. That so far appears to have resolved the issue for me.

Unsure if this was a DisplayLink issue or a DisplayPort issue, but at least it's working now.

I didn't have this problem when I upgraded to Ventura from the previous OS release.
bsward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #4
Val

Default Same issue

Same issue here. I am using a Dell D6000 and M1 Pro (Ventura 13.0.1)
neither my screens nor USB mouse and keyboard are detected. I already reinstalled Display Link and checked all settings, such as screen recording. Even after several restarts of my Mac nothing changed. At least I am glad to read that its not just me having that issue

The support app also does not work for me. I managed to download the zip but there is no window to upload it or to create a ticket

Last edited by Val; 11-14-2022 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Add Support App Issue
Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
macmizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsward View Post
I experienced the same issue. Tried many times and many system restarts after updating to 13.0.1. It wasn't working until I unplugged my Plugable DisplayLink device from the back of my M1 iMac and plugged it back in. That so far appears to have resolved the issue for me.

Unsure if this was a DisplayLink issue or a DisplayPort issue, but at least it's working now.

I didn't have this problem when I upgraded to Ventura from the previous OS release.
Hello. I use a CalDigit hub + StarTech.com USB HDMI adapter w. DisplayLink. I have disconnected/reconnected the inbound connections, and also the USBC connection to the MacBook Pro. The external displays are still not discoverable.

Is this what you meant?

Thanks.
macmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:55 PM   #6
dhcmega

hi! everything was ok with Monterey. Waited for ventura 13.1 to have a revised version. Just after installing, Displaylink adapter was not longer recognized as and usb device. not good.
dhcmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #7
subpop

Default same here

Same here, Macbook Pro M1, Belking Displaylink adapter, does not work after update.
subpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 08:27 AM   #8
davss

All good on MacBook Air M1 2020 M1 with 3 x Dell 2515H via Startech USB32DPPRO DL adapters and drivers all connectect via integrated USB hub in Dell U4919DW then everything via single USB-C cable to the Mac that's also charing it (so all 4 monitors' video + charging is going via single USB-C cable from the 49" monitor).

The only issues I have is intermittent loss of windows arrangment and usually wallpaper on one of the monitors gets reset to default red-ish photo upon wake up from sleep.
My Mac also started to freeze and reboot itself from time to time with a quick flash of pink screen but can't pin down the cause of this problem - kernel panic etc. Still investigating although can't work long hours without my DP monitors to rule out DL.

Last edited by davss; 12-22-2022 at 08:39 AM.
davss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:28 PM   #9
luminoso

Default Same Issue Here

Monitors aren't getting recognized by my M1 MacBook Pro - Was working fine for a few months, until Ventura 13.0.1.
luminoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:56 PM   #10
DaveyJake

Same here. My third external monitor is no longer recognized but was working previously.
DaveyJake is offline   Reply With Quote