Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-10-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
Phil.Baxter

Exclamation DisplayLink Driver crashes

I have just recently purchased a Targus USB-C Quad 4K Dock with 100W PD.

I only have 3 screens connected currently, but have been experiencing problems with a very sluggish system and an eventual displaylink driver crash when connecting to Citrix and having the Citrix window span two monitors.

This post is to say that I think I have pinned this down to the fact that the two monitors I was spanning were on separate displaylink devices (I believe this dock has two display link devices to achieve the ability of a quad display).

When I move both screens that I want to span my window across to either the right two connectors or the left two then I get good performance and no crash, but any combination of spanning the window across display that are on one of the left two connectors and the right two causes sluggish performance and an eventual crash.

The DisplayLink engineers may want to investigate whats happening in their drivers and the dock when this configuration is being used.
Phil.Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 11:06 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil.Baxter View Post
I have just recently purchased a Targus USB-C Quad 4K Dock with 100W PD.

I only have 3 screens connected currently, but have been experiencing problems with a very sluggish system and an eventual displaylink driver crash when connecting to Citrix and having the Citrix window span two monitors.

This post is to say that I think I have pinned this down to the fact that the two monitors I was spanning were on separate displaylink devices (I believe this dock has two display link devices to achieve the ability of a quad display).

When I move both screens that I want to span my window across to either the right two connectors or the left two then I get good performance and no crash, but any combination of spanning the window across display that are on one of the left two connectors and the right two causes sluggish performance and an eventual crash.

The DisplayLink engineers may want to investigate whats happening in their drivers and the dock when this configuration is being used.
If you have not already done so, the best way to help would be to report the behavior to DisplayLink as they describe in their knowledge base articles here (for Windows) --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink or here (for macOS) --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote