Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-01-2023, 09:36 AM   #1
Mallwill

Exclamation DisplayLink gamma control not working

Good morning,

I have 3x DisplayLink devices that I am having trouble with.

When I connect these devices via HDMI to my display - a 800 x 480 display - the colour palette is very washed out and incorrect. I am unable to correct with gamma / brightness control when connected.

When I connect via native HDMI on my PC, the issue is resolved and I do not see colour rendition problems and can adjust gamma successfully.

Please can you help with support.

Thanks
Mallwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallwill View Post
Good morning,

I have 3x DisplayLink devices that I am having trouble with.

When I connect these devices via HDMI to my display - a 800 x 480 display - the colour palette is very washed out and incorrect. I am unable to correct with gamma / brightness control when connected.

When I connect via native HDMI on my PC, the issue is resolved and I do not see colour rendition problems and can adjust gamma successfully.

Please can you help with support.

Thanks
If the original manufacturers of the DisplayLink devices you are using are unable to assist you, then please follow the steps in this knowledge base article --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink to report the issue to DisplayLink directly.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:15 PM   #3
Mallwill

Thanks for the suggestion - I have now done this. I have seen that the latest software can cause gamma / contrast issues. Different colour profiles help to some degree but I can't get gamma to stick. I have enabled the gamma ramp in the registry but that did not help.

THanks
Mallwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, colour, gamma