Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
sammeh

Default Display link driver - Blank screen after logging in

Few days ago, I posted a driver issue that has been occurring for the past couple of years, i'm not sure why the post got deleted completely from the forums.

When using display link Kensignton M01063 with latest or older drivers on HP ProBook 6360b and EliteBook 850 laptops, whenever the laptop is removed from the docking station or from dual monitor, it's causing a problem with Windows display manager.

Here goes the process:
1) shut down your laptop, remove from the docking station, go home and power your laptop on.
2) After logging in, you see a blank screen with mouse cursor and you have the capability of switching the display to Extended mode, disconnect projector ,etc.
3) The resolution is to hit the power button, let it hibernate, power it back on and re-logging in to Windows.
4) The other solution is to hibernate windows instead of shutting it down. This was the solution i used for several years.
5) Recently, i discovered an easier solution is after logging into Windows, just the FN key + f4 to change the display to Extended screen (even when you are using on the laptop directly), let the windows does its thing and once you can see the desktop, change it back to disconnect projector. All of your desktop icons will be unorganized by this is the best method to regain your desktop without powering off and on.

I think the problem may have been due to the different resolutions on your laptop and the external monitors. It seems like when you isolated your laptop from the external monitors and log in to Windows, the display manager doesn't know how to re-adjust the resolution.
sammeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello Sammeh,
I was unable to find a post from you in the last few days. I checked from 10 October. We don't tend to delete posts unless they are offensive of course, so I am not too sure what took place here.

About your issue, does your computer behave like if the additional screen was still present on the docking station after you reboot? You can know if the layout seems to be similar.

Kind regards,
Alban
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote