Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > What to buy?

Old 12-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
nmyatt

Unhappy New MacBook Pro with OSX Lion... what to buy?

I'm just about to take delivery of a Macbook Pro i7 and I want to use this with 2 external 24" screens.
I have read a lot of information in this forum and others, but I am still confused - what I need is a simple answer:

Assuming I buy a DisplayLink adapter with the latest chipset, will it allow me to use my new MBP with two external screens?

I feel nervous about buying without confidence that it will work.
Thanks!
nmyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Lolo

Red face

I'have the same question but I have Snow Leopard and I want to use the software Modul8 (which uses OpenGL acceleration but I 'm not really sure).
I need to have 2 screens on my Macbook Pro and working with VGA. I've tried with à Matrox Triplehead DP and it didn't work.
Does a Displaylink solution could work ???? I don't want to buy it if it doesn't workwith Modul8 or any VJing Software.

Thanks
Lolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
mehaase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmyatt View Post
I'm just about to take delivery of a Macbook Pro i7 and I want to use this with 2 external 24" screens.
I have read a lot of information in this forum and others, but I am still confused - what I need is a simple answer:

Assuming I buy a DisplayLink adapter with the latest chipset, will it allow me to use my new MBP with two external screens?

I feel nervous about buying without confidence that it will work.
Thanks!
The display link doesn't work well with OS X Lion, which is what you'll get on a brand new laptop. It works, but it has lots of bugs like freezing up your system and requiring frequent restarts.

The easy (but expensive) option is to buy 2 apple thunderbolt displays. Your MBP will be able to display on these 2 without any additional hardware.
mehaase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual monitors, lion, macbook pro