Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #1
naoey

Default Issues using DisplayLink on Catalina and DisplayLink driver updates

Hi,

I have a Wavlink UG69PD2 USB-C docking station cocnnected to a MacBook Pro 16" (2019) and I'm running the 5.2.1 driver from the DisplayLink site on Catalina 10.5.2. I'm facing a couple of issues for which if I could some help resolving it'd be much appreciated:

1. I have dual LG 4K monitors, but the resolution options I get in the scaling menu when alt-clicking only shows 1080p HiDPI, 1440p low resolution and 2160p. Obviously 2160p can't be used on macOS on a 27" monitor because everything is too small so I'm stuck using the 1440p low resolution option.

2. When I lock my user and leave my system idle DisplayLink doesn't allow my monitors to enter standby mode. The screen goes black as expected a short while after locking but the backlight and cursor remain.

3. Several applications that rely on the discrete GPU don't seem to work. Photos as as example hard locks when I'm running on my DisplayLink monitors and Google Maps etc. don't work in any browser.

I installed the DisplayLink Manager 0.1 Alpha and that did give me the correct resolution and fixes my problem #1, however that driver seems far from stable as it caused a whole host of other issues, primarily I'm not able to use my MacBook in clamshell mode any more. When I close the laptop screen the computer still detects it as active and keeps locking my user every 15 seconds as if trying to enter sleep mode. In one instance it also crashed WindowServer making me have to login again. Is there any ETA on when this version will go stable? I looked around but I wasn't able to find any sort of roadmap or developer updates.

For now I'm back on 5.2.1 with the low resolution 1440p option.
naoey is offline   Reply With Quote