Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #431
Sofla David

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluca View Post
I *think* I still have the original image to High Sierra 10.13.1. From there you can manually update to 10.13.3.

If you give me a bit of time I can check this and at that point is just a matter of making an image out of it and upload it somewhere.

EDIT: yup, found it, it should be .1 or .2 at best. Ripping it right now, will upload somewhere.

EDIT 2: There you go:

Installation image: https://mega.nz/#!Z6gCQSbD!O6ZoaUvLR...4opkVyLQQrTO8Y

Combo update to 10.13.3: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1953

SWEET!!!!! you're a life saver. Thanks so much for taking the time to upload this. I'm downloading it now and I'll be saving this like Gold
Sofla David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #432
Gudd

Apologies - I didn't see your post. It looks like you're sorted now anyway but fortunately I had a copy of the 10.13.0 installer on my NAS. It's not something that I consciously do (although I will now), but I had a few older base versions there which meant I could avoid any forced updates by Apple.

That said, I'm struggling with 10.13.3 so I'm going to have to find a way to live without DisplayLink that doesn't cost me too much money.
Gudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #433
slvrscoobie

Anyone else having issues with the beta drivers on Mojave, keeping videos from playing.
Youtube, fb, any videos just 'load' then stop. If i disconnect the airplay - plays fine.
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #434
sla3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluca View Post
I *think* I still have the original image to High Sierra 10.13.1. From there you can manually update to 10.13.3.

If you give me a bit of time I can check this and at that point is just a matter of making an image out of it and upload it somewhere.

EDIT: yup, found it, it should be .1 or .2 at best. Ripping it right now, will upload somewhere.

EDIT 2: There you go:

Installation image: https://mega.nz/#!Z6gCQSbD!O6ZoaUvLR...4opkVyLQQrTO8Y

Combo update to 10.13.3: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1953
Thank you very much! after a few months of pain, I am back at 10.13.3 and with my 2 external displays
sla3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #435
donluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla David View Post
SWEET!!!!! you're a life saver. Thanks so much for taking the time to upload this. I'm downloading it now and I'll be saving this like Gold
No problem, glad to help! Let us know if you manage to get back to 10.13.3 and get everything working again.

Also, an update on the current status would be sweet, even a "we're still working on it and making progress" would suffice.

I'm a bit afraid we'll be left alone.
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #436
Sofla David

Yup, I'm good to go! I ran the 10.13.0 upgrade you posted, and then downloaded and ran the 10.13.3 combo update. Everything ran seamlessly and I am now at 10.13.3 with updates turned off. I'm perfectly satisfied for now sitting at 10.13.3. I can't really think of anything in the later High Sierra versions, or even in Mohave (except maybe Dark Mode), that I would really miss. I'm sure there are security updates that could be an issue, but It's a calculated risk I'm willing to take for now to be able to use my current monitor.

I have a feeling Displaylink as we knew it will never be the same. Apple is not going to change their OS to allow it to work again, and without an apple code change, DisplayLink will not be able to make it work the way it did before.

I do alot of traveling for work, and the second monitor is almost a necessity for what I do. I've already started looking for a portable HDMI capable monitor that fits my needs and will eventually have to go that route, but for now, I can use this ASUS 169B+ for a little bit longer without having to deal with the Airplay limitations and intermittent problems.

Meanwhile, if anyone knows of a portable monitor with the following specs, please post the link:
-HDMI mini DisplayPort, or thunderbolt input
-15 to 16 inches diagonal
-small/thin enough to fit in a backpack along with my MacBook Pro and other items
-works on either 110 AND 220 volts (I often travel internationally and don't want to rely on a step down transformer)
-must be reliable and sturdy enough to survive my travels.

Last edited by Sofla David; 07-23-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:02 PM   #437
slvrscoobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla David View Post
Yup, I'm good to go! I ran the 10.13.0 upgrade you posted, and then downloaded and ran the 10.13.3 combo update. Everything ran seamlessly and I am now at 10.13.3 with updates turned off. I'm perfectly satisfied for now sitting at 10.13.3. I can't really think of anything in the later High Sierra versions, or even in Mohave (except maybe Dark Mode), that I would really miss. I'm sure there are security updates that could be an issue, but It's a calculated risk I'm willing to take for now to be able to use my current monitor.

I have a feeling Displaylink as we knew it will never be the same. Apple is not going to change their OS to allow it to work again, and without an apple code change, DisplayLink will not be able to make it work the way it did before.

I do alot of traveling for work, and the second monitor is almost a necessity for what I do. I've already started looking for a portable HDMI capable monitor that fits my needs and will eventually have to go that route, but for now, I can use this ASUS 169B+ for a little bit longer without having to deal with the Airplay limitations and intermittent problems.

Meanwhile, if anyone knows of a portable monitor with the following specs, please post the link:
-HDMI mini DisplayPort, or thunderbolt input
-15 to 16 inches diagonal
-small/thin enough to fit in a backpack along with my MacBook Pro and other items
-works on either 110 AND 220 volts (I often travel internationally and don't want to rely on a step down transformer)
-must be reliable and sturdy enough to survive my travels.
Its not exact, but have you considered the Ipad pro 12" with Duet - allows you to use ipad for a second screen. Its updated recently and says they've gotten past the limitations of the 13.4 change.
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #438
Sofla David

I'll have to play with Duet (I already have the app) with my iPad and see how it is working after 10.13.4. I have an iPad mini that I use when I travel. The mini is too small to use as a second monitor and the pro is too big to use on the plane. Not to mention, a pro would be insanely expensive to use as a second monitor.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #439
Gudd

If you need someone to test Duet for you without upgrading beyond 10.13.3 then let me know. I already own it and am currently on 10.13.6 for some other testing.
Gudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #440
Sofla David

Thanks, I'm only running 10.13.3 on the computer I take when I travel, my others are current.