Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
Schlaubstar

Default Suffering from the same issue

I am also suffering from the same issue: The strange thing is that there are some days where the problem does not occur at all - some times it happens 3 times within 5 minutes making it almost impossible to work.

Setup: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X380 and the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock. Notebook - Dock connection is via USB-C, 2 Displays attached to Dock via DP.
I assume that the problem does not occur when connecting via USB-A but then my Notebook does not get charged anymore ...

The symptoms: Mouse freezes, displays freeze ... after approx. 15 seconds they turn black and recover to normal operation within another 10 seconds. Interestingly: LAN connectivity, which is also handled via dock, stays working. If the problem reoccurs to often within a short period of time after the third attempt the external display stay frozen (showing the last screen) and do not recover. I have to open the notebook lid, as this is the only active display then, and disconnect/reconnect the dock again.

Eventviewer gets flooded with the EventID: 10111 Source: DriverFrameworks-UserMode and the Text: The device "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Location "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

... for other German users: Das Gerät "ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock" (Ort "003e.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000") ist aufgrund eines Ausfalls eines Benutzermodustreibers offline. Ein Neustart des Geräts wird 5 Mal versucht. Weitere Informationen zu diesem Problem erhalten Sie beim Gerätehersteller.

Graphic-card drivers (Displaylink and Intels'integrated ones) are up to date. Firmwares (dock and Notebook) are also up to date.