Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2024, 03:55 PM   #1
roddigoval

Default Ultrawide/Gaming Monitors Not Detected Through Dock

Hello, I have been eager to use both my displays but I can't seem to do so using DisplayLink.

I am using :

Dock : HP USB-C G5

Displays : Philips 346E2CUAE (ultra wide monitor) and AOC G1 C24G1 (gaming monitor)

MacBook Air M2

I have both displays connected (one displayport and one hdmi) to the dock and I have also given permission to the manager to record my screen but I cannot seem to detect any of my devices, even though when I do it individually the dock does make it display the image but only on one screen. I have installed and re installed without the dock connected to make sure, it also did not work, individually the dock does work but not with two, even though in the website it is said to be supported and even encourages to download Displaylink.
Both displays have different hz max settings, hope this helps and if any other information is needed please let me know as I am stuck using only one monitor
roddigoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:04 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddigoval View Post
Hello, I have been eager to use both my displays but I can't seem to do so using DisplayLink.

I am using :

Dock : HP USB-C G5

Displays : Philips 346E2CUAE (ultra wide monitor) and AOC G1 C24G1 (gaming monitor)

MacBook Air M2

I have both displays connected (one displayport and one hdmi) to the dock and I have also given permission to the manager to record my screen but I cannot seem to detect any of my devices, even though when I do it individually the dock does make it display the image but only on one screen. I have installed and re installed without the dock connected to make sure, it also did not work, individually the dock does work but not with two, even though in the website it is said to be supported and even encourages to download Displaylink.
Both displays have different hz max settings, hope this helps and if any other information is needed please let me know as I am stuck using only one monitor
According to the information provided by HP for your model docking station --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/product...06?sku=5TW10AA the docking station does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it.

As a result, DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.

Your MacBook Air with an M2 processor is limited to one external display via Thunderbolt/USB-C. If you wish to connect two external displays to your Mac, you will need to use a product that has DisplayLink technology inside of it.

DisplayLink provides a list of DisplayLink-based products here --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ylink-products
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not detected. dock.