Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
Cerno

Default Blue Screen

Hello all.

I am using a Club3D SenseVision USB to HDMI converter and keep getting BSODs (dgxkrnl.sys: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) that stem from ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0. The Bugfix code is 50.

Now this differs significantly from most of the other cases of this type I read on the internet, in that it does not occur sporadically and at random, but reproducibly.

It seems to occur whenever I start certain games and only for certain resolutions, but always in full screen.
My impression was that the higher resolutions caused this, but today I tried a game (Battle Group 2) which crashed on 1024x768.
Note that I can run other games perfectly fine and for long sessions without problems.
Furthermore, this is not the only game affected so I think I can rule out the possibility that it is an issue of this specific title.

Anyway, the crash happens reproducibly about 1 second after the screen goes black to change to the game's resolution.
No ingame image can be seen before the crash.
I start the game from Steam, but as far as I recall the crash also occurs when starting the game directly from windows.
I don't have the hardware connected to the PC when the crash occurs, only having the DisplayLink driver and software installed seems to be enough.

I followed some recommendations to this problem, including running chkdsk, uninstalling an incompatible virus scanner and firewall, updating my graphics drivers and some other tricks.
The one thing that solved my problem in the end was uninstalling the complete DisplayLink software.

Now I can run my PC without crashes again, but without a second monitor

The driver I was using was version 7.7.57957.0 (according to the installer).

I am attaching a dump from one of the crashes. If you need more, please let me know.

My PC specs:

Dell Inspiron 7520
Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3612QM @ 2.10GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7730M + Intel HD Graphics 4000
8 GB RAM
Attached Files
File Type: zip 110814-64428-01.zip (25.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Cerno; 11-09-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Cerno is offline   Reply With Quote