Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 07-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
bz101

Default Two Issues, iSight and iPhoto

With Lion GM on a 2011 15" Macbook, there are two issues I've found.

1) The isight camera doesn't work. It just says in FaceTime (and trying to capture a signature in Preview) that no camera detected.

2) In iPhoto, if you click into a photo to view in full size (not full screen app), the photo disappears (i.e., nothing shows up). Thumbnails look fine. I've tried rebuilding and doing everything including starting a new library but nothing resolves it.

In both 1 and 2, just unplugging the USB Plugable UGA-2K-A immediately resolves both of them. Both worked fine in 10.6.8.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Which Mac model do you have?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
bz101

Default Mac Model

2011 15" Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Core i7 with Hi-Res screen option (1680x1050) running OSX 10.7 and 8GB RAM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
bz101

Default Still same issue with Beta 3

iSight still doesn't work and iPhoto full size images don't show up. Unplugging the monitor from the USB and using just the mini display port external monitor works fine then.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
kfalconer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz101 View Post
iSight still doesn't work and iPhoto full size images don't show up. Unplugging the monitor from the USB and using just the mini display port external monitor works fine then.

Hey, I just wanted to chime in here, and state that I am also having this issue. I have the same configuration MBP as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
philip

Quote:
With Lion GM on a 2011 15" Macbook, there are two issues I've found.

1) The isight camera doesn't work. It just says in FaceTime (and trying to capture a signature in Preview) that no camera detected.

2) In iPhoto, if you click into a photo to view in full size (not full screen app), the photo disappears (i.e., nothing shows up). Thumbnails look fine. I've tried rebuilding and doing everything including starting a new library but nothing resolves it.

In both 1 and 2, just unplugging the USB Plugable UGA-2K-A immediately resolves both of them. Both worked fine in 10.6.8.

Thanks.
did you try not using the beta form of Lion?
Old 08-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
ChristianP

Quote:

Are you using the DL screen as primary screen? If this is the case, could you please try to switch the internal display to primary and test the apps again?Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
bz101

Default Narrowing it down ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Are you using the DL screen as primary screen? If this is the case, could you please try to switch the internal display to primary and test the apps again?Thanks
OK, so I have two monitors, M1 (plugged into mini displayport) and M2 (plugged into USB adapter).

If I have M2 set as the primary monitor in Display Preferences and drag the menu bar to M2, iPhoto doesn't work properly on either monitor.

If I have M1 set as the primary (i.e., dragging the menubar to M1), then iPhoto works on M1 but not M2 (as described in the original post).

Hope this helps troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
ChristianP

Quote:
OK, so I have two monitors, M1 (plugged into mini displayport) and M2 (plugged into USB adapter).

If I have M2 set as the primary monitor in Display Preferences and drag the menu bar to M2, iPhoto doesn't work properly on either monitor.

If I have M1 set as the primary (i.e., dragging the menubar to M1), then iPhoto works on M1 but not M2 (as described in the original post).

Hope this helps troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Brett
Thanks Brett for the report. Could you please confirm that FaceTime/iSight preview works if M1 is set as the primary? Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
bz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Thanks Brett for the report. Could you please confirm that FaceTime/iSight preview works if M1 is set as the primary? Thanks
Just got back home and tried. Yes, the iSight camera now works properly with M1 set up as the primary. iPhoto issue still there.

I also noticed that Camtasia (screen recording) gives the message "Camtasia requires a graphics card that is compatible with Quartz Extreme. One or more of your graphics cards does not support Quartz Extreme."

I can understand that and just unplug the USB monitor, so no big deal. But I thought maybe that would help troubleshoot the iPhoto issue.

Thanks.

Tags
driver, iphoto, isight, issue