Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-06-2022, 04:04 AM   #1
metatront3

Default My new 4K Usbc dock/ display port peripherals problems

Hi all! New member here. I just upgraded from the USB 3.0 to the Usb C 4K triple monitor set up. I love it so much more especially the fact that I can plug my photo editing monitor into the HDMI port and get full graphic speed. What I am having issues with is peripherals. first up my WebCam. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't the only time it will work 100% is if I plug it into the spare USBC for it on my M1 MacBook Pro. I like to do a lot of dictation and have an app for it when I'm writing and making longer pieces however sometimes when answering text messages I like Apple's dictate. I started off plugging my shotgun mic into the mic input on the dock. Sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldn't it was hit or miss. I couldn't find any rhyme or reason as to why.
I decided to buy a USB microphone yesterday at Best Buy thinking plugging directly into the hub via USB might work. Same results hit or miss UNTIL I figured out that if you have a Bluetooth speaker connected and try to use dictate you will not work only when I plugged my speaker directly into the hub via 3.5 mm cord was able to use my microphone. Also at this time my WebCam was working regularly this was yesterday. Today I wake up. Ready to bust out some work on the microphone only the faint Amber light of mute comes on. It doesn't show up in the settings menu at all. WebCam nonexistent as well no matter what port I plug them in to unless it is the spare port on my MacBook Pro. Has anyone run into these sort of issues I'm running the latest download of Monterey I apologize for the wall of text and will be ever so grateful for somebody with more experience than me is advice!
metatront3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m1 macbook pro, microphone, periperheial issue, webcam