Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-11-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
jeffhoward001

Default Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock Issue After Upgrade

Hello -

I've been using a Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock for about 5 years on a Lenovo X1 Carbon. There were a few issues with Windows 8 first came out, but it was rock-solid for the past 5 years.

I recently upgraded to a laptop with the Intel i7-7700HQ chipset with Windows 10 (1703) and I've had a lot of random disconnecting issues. The first issue is 100% reproducible:

1) I generally "hibernate" my laptop. If the dock is still plugged in upon resume, the displaylink dock will do a "looping connect/disconnect/reconnect" until I physically unplug it and replug it back in.

2) It will work fine for anywhere from 15 mins to an hour, then randomly it will disconnect and reconnect. This of course moves all the windows onto the non-displaylink monitor (which is super annoying).

I ran through the top-posted troubleshooting guide, and everything looks good, running on the 8.3.2008.0. My configuration is:

- Intel i7-7700HQ chipset with Windows 10 (1703)
- Discrete Nvidia graphics card
- One monitor configured through the Lenovo dock
- One monitor plugged directly into the laptop via a USB-C to VGA connector

Also, I still have my Lenovo X1 Carbon running Windows 10 (1607) and the dock runs rock-solid with no disconnects.
jeffhoward001 is offline   Reply With Quote