Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #21
vkr_zt@me.com

Hi all,

Just tried to install BETA 0.5 drivers instead of stable version an it started to work. However there is another issue with this version of the drivers. Each time when I reconnect my laptop to the dock station all display settings (arrangement, resolution etc) are coming to default values. Interesting thing with screen arrangement is that default value is not. the same all the time (sometimes left screen is becoming right, laptop screen is sometime in the middle, sometimes on the right side etc.). Sometimes setting are reseting without reconnection which could be annoying during work.

Important to add that this issue was present on both previous beta drivers versions and it is not related to 10.15.4 setup.

Im using this product with 2 screens connected: https://i-tec.cz/en/produkt/cadual4kdock-2/
vkr_zt@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #22
abouc

Default Macbook 12 inch - Updated to Catalina 10.15.4 & Dell D6000

Hi, I was using the old Display Link driver 5.1.1 and everything was ok until my mac automatically updated itself to Catalina 10.15.4. Now it's killed both external screens attached and my macbook no longer charges up through the dock. The only thing that does work is the keyboard and mouse.

I have tried installing the 0.5 beta version of the display link drivers and this doesn't work. I have checked in the Mac System Reports section and the drivers are active there, and also checked that screen recording for display link is ticked in the system preferences section.

Help please @DisplayLink as this is killing work from home setup in this crisis.
abouc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #23
abouc

Thumbs down Dell D6000

The latest MAC update (10.15.4) has killed most functionality of my Mac with the DELL D6000. Don't update if you can avoid it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200326_161011.zip (975.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by abouc; 03-26-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: request by displaylink
Old 03-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #24
vkr_zt@me.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by abouc View Post
Hi, I was using the old Display Link driver 5.1.1 and everything was ok until my mac automatically updated itself to Catalina 10.15.4. Now it's killed both external screens attached and my macbook no longer charges up through the dock. The only thing that does work is the keyboard and mouse.

I have tried installing the 0.5 beta version of the display link drivers and this doesn't work. I have checked in the Mac System Reports section and the drivers are active there, and also checked that screen recording for display link is ticked in the system preferences section.

Help please @DisplayLink as this is killing work from home setup in this crisis.
If you are using 0.5 beta do not forger to start Display Link Manger (in application folder) It was working for me after an additional restart.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #25
abouc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr_zt@me.com View Post
If you are using 0.5 beta do not forger to start Display Link Manger (in application folder) It was working for me after an additional restart.
Thanks, I tried this and still no joy, however I noticed that the display link driver was no longer in the extensions section of system report and also that display link was not listed under the screen recording section. The display link manager app is running in the background and a little icon is up near the clock on my mac.

Any further ideas? Thanks for your help
Old 03-26-2020, 12:58 PM   #26
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for notifying as about this issue!

I want to inform all of you that our Engineering Team is aware of it and is already working on resolving this case.

What I would need for helping them would be to gather the log files from every person that is suffering from the problem.

Please edit your post and attach log files by following this guide: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

We would be grateful if any new users experiencing this problem could post a message with gathered logs.

Your help is much appreciated!

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #27
abouc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for notifying as about this issue!

I want to inform all of you that our Engineering Team is aware of it and is already working on resolving this case.

What I would need for helping them would be to gather the log files from every person that is suffering from the problem.

Please edit your post and attach log files by following this guide: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

We would be grateful if any new users experiencing this problem could post a message with gathered logs.

Your help is much appreciated!

Best regards,
Jakub
Thanks Jakub. I have added the logs on my post above as a zip file. Although I have not connected the Dell D6000 at the time of collecting the logs. Is that a problem or will it pick up the problems from earlier in the day? I am using the 0.5 beta version now with the display link manager with no joy. I upgraded to this version today after the 5.1.1 version stopped working with an automatic update on mac to catalina 10.15.4
Old 03-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #28
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abouc View Post
Thanks Jakub. I have added the logs on my post above as a zip file. Although I have not connected the Dell D6000 at the time of collecting the logs. Is that a problem or will it pick up the problems from earlier in the day? I am using the 0.5 beta version now with the display link manager with no joy. I upgraded to this version today after the 5.1.1 version stopped working with an automatic update on mac to catalina 10.15.4
Hello,

It would be the best if you could plug in your dock and gather the logs one more time. It will be more efficient for us.

Thank you for replacing log files with the newest possible.

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #29
ibizwu20

This beta was release before 10.15.4. I already had it installed prior and it broke. I had to stop using the docking station until a new version of DisplayLink is uploaded.
ibizwu20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #30
vkr_zt@me.com

Hi, strange thing. In my previous post I was mentioning that 0.5 beta is. working but currently situation is the same as with stable version.
Log attached as per request (for 0.5 beta)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20200326_151028.zip (2.39 MB, 4 views)