Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-14-2020, 12:24 AM   #1
richardpk82

Default Issues after Big Sur

After upgrading macOS to Big Sur I noticed my monitor using the Displaylink adapter was no longer detected. I then proceed to upgrade the driver to Release: 1.1.
After installing the upgraded driver and a reboot the monitor still did not get detected. Then I went under applications in finder and opened the Display Link Application and then it works. But if I restart my Mac Mini I have to go through the application process again and reopen it and reconfigure the monitor settings. Also, I noticed when it is working the monitor using the Displaylink does not have an option to enable night shift. What gives? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
richardpk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
vikzilla

I am also having issues with Big Sur: My Dual 4k USB-C Hub with Power Delivery is failing to deliver anything to my external monitors (Dell); they just go to sleep.

I am on MacOS 11.0.1

The hub is working with my other macbooks, so I know it's this exact machine that's the issue and not my monitors or cables etc.
vikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
vikzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikzilla View Post
I am also having issues with Big Sur: My Dual 4k USB-C Hub with Power Delivery is failing to deliver anything to my external monitors (Dell); they just go to sleep.

I am on MacOS 11.0.1

The hub is working with my other macbooks, so I know it's this exact machine that's the issue and not my monitors or cables etc.
I have it working now, after somehow getting the DisplayLink Manager app to request Screen Sharing access from my Mac's Privacy Preferences.

I also seem to have faulty USB-C inputs on this macbook which probably didn't help...
vikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpk82 View Post
After upgrading macOS to Big Sur I noticed my monitor using the Displaylink adapter was no longer detected. I then proceed to upgrade the driver to Release: 1.1.
After installing the upgraded driver and a reboot the monitor still did not get detected. Then I went under applications in finder and opened the Display Link Application and then it works. But if I restart my Mac Mini I have to go through the application process again and reopen it and reconfigure the monitor settings. Also, I noticed when it is working the monitor using the Displaylink does not have an option to enable night shift. What gives? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
In regard to having the DisplayLink application start automatically when the system boots, there is an option to launch the application automatically after logging in. See the 'Install' section (specifically 4.5) of DisplayLink's instructions --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ion-in#install

To the best of my knowledge, macOS 'Night Shift' is not supported on a DisplayLink-attached display.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
pjones

Default Still having Display Issues after Big Sur

I updated to Big Sur yesterday. Today, I downloaded the Displaylink update 1.1 that was dated in August. I have allowed my screen recording and my accessibility privacy settings, yet my DL system is not detecting my external monitors. These monitors worked just fine with the previous software, before Big Sur. I've read the forums and see others have had issues in the past day or so. I've followed those but still have the same issue.
pjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #6
richardpk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
In regard to having the DisplayLink application start automatically when the system boots, there is an option to launch the application automatically after logging in. See the 'Install' section (specifically 4.5) of DisplayLink's instructions --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ion-in#install

To the best of my knowledge, macOS 'Night Shift' is not supported on a DisplayLink-attached display.
Yep, I have the launch application enabled. It’s annoying I have to configure everything when I power up each time.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:23 PM   #7
richardpk82

So, I triple checked and I do have the launch the application automatically after logging in enabled. I waited about 3-4 minutes and Displaylink booted and my third monitor connected to the Displaylink turned on. So I guess I just need to be patient and wait a few minutes. This did not occur on the previous driver or MacOS.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:28 AM   #8
noahdisplay

Default Night Shift??

Why can I not enable night shift on my external monitors?? Using Macbook Pro and two Acer H236H monitors.

I've tried software updates, rebooting, new cables, 3rd party software such as flux. No luck.

What gives here? Blue light filtering is 100% a requirement. I will need to either get it resolved or return and go through another provider.
noahdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #9
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdisplay View Post
Why can I not enable night shift on my external monitors?? Using Macbook Pro and two Acer H236H monitors.

I've tried software updates, rebooting, new cables, 3rd party software such as flux. No luck.

What gives here? Blue light filtering is 100% a requirement. I will need to either get it resolved or return and go through another provider.
Hello,

Unfortunately night light is currently not supported with DisplayLink drivers, we are working on delivering this feature however it is unavailable yet.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #10
cww

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Hello,

Unfortunately night light is currently not supported with DisplayLink drivers, we are working on delivering this feature however it is unavailable yet.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
So are you saying that the Asus Zendisplay won't work with my new macbook air that came with Big Sur installed?
cww is offline   Reply With Quote