Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
IanR

Default Wonderful Displaylink errors

Hi All

i'm having a nightmare getting some Kensington sd3500v docks to behave themselves with Dell XPS 13 laptops (USB 3 only).

all machines are running the latest Intel HD400 graphics drives, Intel USB 3 drivers and chipset drivers. Running 7.4 displaylink drivers and I've even gone through and turned off selective USB management in the Power settings, and turned off power management on all USB devices - still the same problems!

Basically I can be working away on a machine when all of a sudden you hear the USB Unplugging sound, at which point I lose network connectivity, external USB KB and Mouse stop and the main laptop screen goes black. a couple of seconds after I hear the USB Plugging in sound and the screen comes back up, as do the other devices/network on the dock. Then the second monitor (Dell 19" connected via DVI) goes off for a few seconds - which moves everything over to the laptop screen.

this can happen either once an hour, or once every 15 minutes depending on how it feels and its really a problem as it is making the docks unusable in a work environment. I've built a fresh machine which I'm using now and put the 7.3 Displylink drivers on, (which were absolutely awful - about once every 15 minutes the screens/USB stopped working); then I've installed the 7.4 drivers on which seem to be causing other problems as well (i.e. the second monitor went completely off into standby and wouldn't come back on and there are "Kernel power" errors showing in the event log!)

I've attached the diagnostics - anyone help please? I have about 40 of these out amongst senior staff, and they are all complaining about the same issues...!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20130827_154125.zip (607.7 KB, 6 views)
IanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
nicolewells

Hi Ian,

This sounds exactly the problem which is happening for me with my new Windows 8 build posted over the weekend. Unfortunately can offer no resolution as I have yet to get a reply to my post like you.

Oh well, at least there is safety in numbers.

Regards
Nicole xx
nicolewells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Ruud

Red face Same issues i'm having

Hi all,

Wow! 40 docks all behaving similarly bad.. sounds to me there is something really going wrong with these devices.

Have a look at this thread, these issues have been going on for some time now:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...0&goto=newpost

In the last few pages of that thread a new possible solution is discussed: using Intel USB 3.0 drivers instead of the default Microsoft ones. It didn't work out for me, but for Splinx it did the trick.

Thanks,
Ruud
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Can you post or PM me the System_Details.txt file - it's missing from your attached logs.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote