Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #101
Ruud

Wink Dock attached to left USB port

Hi Splinx,

Good question, I'm using the port on the left side (when sitting normally before the laptop)
I presume that I have the dock connected to a USB3 port?

The day before yesterday I did find some way to really disable Wifi and Bluetooth. Perhaps they were not completely disabled before.
Haven't had any crash since, but didn't work long on this setup (had day off yesterday)

Thanks,
Ruud

Last edited by Ruud; 08-23-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #102
Ruud

Question Intel Smart Connect technology

Hi all,

I'm curious: in my setup this particular icon keeps showing a exclamation mark on my taskbar.
Is has something to do with waking up the laptop in order to have application do their updating (mail, facebook posts etc)

My question is: do you have the same exclamation mark?
and: do you know a way to fix this.

Of-course I'm hoping this is somehow related to my crashes...

Just forgot to mention this: I just had another crash.. so disabling Wifi/Bluetooth wasn't the magic bullet

Last edited by Ruud; 08-23-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: forgot something..
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #103
Ruud

Question Just say-in: Crashes seem event related

Hi all,

On many occasion (if not all) my crashes are directly related to something I do:
- Move my mouse,
- Click a link
- Use my keyboard
- Browser loads next song etc.

What's your opinion on this?

btw: JamesH, TargusLevel3.. haven't heard much from your recently, are you still following this thread?
Any word on future updates which could finally fix this problem?

Last edited by Ruud; 08-30-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #104
tbm

Cool

Hello all

Got back from vacation and i've tried to connect my DELL D3000 dock to my DELL XPS 13 again... And now (after a few weeks not connected to my laptop) it was recognized again by Windows 8... very strange...

I installed the old drivers from the original DELL CD and kept it running for some days... Experienced black outs and sometimes the image was hanging on my TV (connected on the HDMI port of the dock)... Reconnecting the dock brought back my display...

Now i've updated to the latest drivers (released 22 Aug 2013)... In the release notes i saw that the hanging of the image is fixed... I had a blackout some minutes ago... While i was downloading a file via the ethernet port... I've disabled it to be more stable... But still blackouts.......... Damn why can't this be fixed properly?
tbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #105
Ruud

Smile Installed new drivers and firmware

Hi all,

@tbm: thanks for letting me know new drivers were available, I sometimes try to do a auto update, but that function never reports new drivers (also not in this case), why

I also just installed the new drivers and firmware. I hope these drivers do a better job with the intel USB3.0 driver I installed as well.

Update: after reading other threads on this forum site, I decided to remove all USB features and some other stuff

Disabled in BIOS:
- USB emulation
- USB powershare
- USB wake support
- Intel smart connect
- Intel rapid start

Also uninstalled Intel smart connect and rapid start from installed programs.

Will let you know if more blackouts occur.

Thanks,
Ruud

update: So far I did not experience any black-outs after these modifications
update 29/8: Ooops experienced first black-out after 1,5 day. (probably a record still..)
update 2/9: No black-out this day, uninstalling/disabling the USB stuff seems to have stabilized my setup.
update 3/9: Number of black-outs: 2
update 4/9: Number of black-outs: 2
update 5/9: Number of black-outs: 3
update 9/9: Number of black-outs: 1 (so far)

Last edited by Ruud; 09-09-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #106
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbm View Post
Hello all

Got back from vacation and i've tried to connect my DELL D3000 dock to my DELL XPS 13 again... And now (after a few weeks not connected to my laptop) it was recognized again by Windows 8... very strange...

I installed the old drivers from the original DELL CD and kept it running for some days... Experienced black outs and sometimes the image was hanging on my TV (connected on the HDMI port of the dock)... Reconnecting the dock brought back my display...

Now i've updated to the latest drivers (released 22 Aug 2013)... In the release notes i saw that the hanging of the image is fixed... I had a blackout some minutes ago... While i was downloading a file via the ethernet port... I've disabled it to be more stable... But still blackouts.......... Damn why can't this be fixed properly?
Hi,

I need your debugs logs please.
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #107
JamesH

Hi,

Just so you all know I'm working with Ruud to try and reproduce this issue internally.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #108
tbm

After some days working with the dock again, i experienced many blackouts... Once the image didn't came back, so i had to plug the USB cable to restore the image on my TV... Also 2 times the image was hanging on my TV... So it isn't properly fixed in the latest drivers release...

Now again, my dock isn't recognized by Windows anymore. I've also experienced that my Galaxy S2 phone is not recognized when i plug it directly in the left usb port, where the dock was running on. I've used my phone when connected to the dock, and the dock connected to the left usb port...

When i plug it directly in the right usb port, it does get recognized! Seems like something is hanging... and i don't have a clue where to search.

Very weird behaviour... I think that Ruud also runs VMware Workstation? Maybe that's why things go wrong? Interference with a running VMware Workstation instance?
tbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #109
Ruud

Default Not running VMWare

Hi TBM,

I'm sorry but i'm not running VM ware on my laptop.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #110
Ruud

Unhappy *Bump*

Hi all,

Still getting around 3 black-outs a day.

James: any luck in confirming this behaviour on your XPS 13?

Ruud