Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
MichaelG

Default Screen Lag / Artifacts - Win7, Dell Optiplex 3040 & 3050

Hello,

I work for a large organization and we have over 100 of the EVGA UV plus 39 devices deployed. On the users that have 3040 & 3050 models deployed they are experiencing artifacts when coming back from locking their computer and also lag / screen update issues such as when opening a window on the monitor connected to the EVGA device and trying to interact with it (typing in an address, waiting for a page to load) nothing happens/gets refreshed on the screen. Usually the fix for this is to have them unplug/plug the device back into another USB port. I have tried every latest DisplayLink driver & every driver from Dell that has become available for the last 6 months however each time it has not fixed the issues.

Anyone have any ideas? We are deploying a further 40 monitors that will be using these devices and I don't want to have to send these back and come up with another solution.

Thanks,
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

Could you get logs from a machine as described in the third link of my signature?
I can see a few reasons. The artifacts could be graphics drivers or because of using the Basic mode instead of the hardware accelerated Aero mode.
The sluggishness could be linked to an outdated USB host controller driver. If there is a freeze, that could be different.

Only DisplayLink staff can download ZIP attachments posted on the forums.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:01 PM   #3
MichaelG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
The artifacts could be graphics drivers or because of using the Basic mode instead of the hardware accelerated Aero mode.
This was EXACTLY the issue. Once I enabled Aero the issues went away. Thank you!
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artifacts, dell, lag, screen updates