Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
alphadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
I see something similar on my setup here with 2.1. Well, I used to see it: every time I connect the screens on Mavericks I get a different behaviour.

The screen that is blank was actually appearing on the desktop: it was possible to manipulate it in the Arrangement tab of the Displays system preference.
Is it happening the same in your case?
If it is, can you also please report (using 2.1 final) the name of the blank screen as it is shown in the title of the Displays preference for it? (Use Gather Windows to see it)

The logs collected through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 would be helpful as well.

To give you some context, we have some workarounds for the Mavericks multiple display behaviour in 2.1 that are not in the beta. For most people they seem to be beneficial but for some definitely not! I hope we'll be able to find more comprehensive workarounds while we wait for an OS fix.

Regards,
Carlo
Are the log files encrypted? They seem like gibberish. Also, if i install the log collector after problems - and run it for the first time, will it collect anything meaningful, or do i have to wait for problems again?

I am disturbed that my box locked up on reboot with my dock connected - and I am running 10.9.1
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
Carlo
Mac Team

Yes the logs are encrypted. It's fine to install the debug tool after the issue has happened, but collecting the debug information immediately after it happens is very helpful.

About this issue I think we understand what is going on at least in one instance. There could be more than one 'blank screen' issue however so having additional information always helps.

Before you ask, I can't give you a timeline for the fix: we need to make sure everything is still working OK including all the Mavericks-specific workarounds.

Cheers,
Carlo

P.S. Unfortunately for me, my blank screen is something different. I don't think it's a regression.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #13
alphadog

Thanks Carlo - just happy to hear you are working on it. For now I am using one displaylink and one MiniDisplayport connection to minimize the issue - looking forward to having full use of my dock back eventually.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote